Skip to content

Submiied vs Verified..Here Is What i Got..Am I Correct?

edited November 2012 in Need Help
Been running GSA now for about 2 months. U se it for 98% of backing up my tier 2 + links and its helping for sure. I kinda just understood what I was doing but in this last run I want to be sure. Here is what it looks like right now.

run 1 10,822 submitted 57 verified
run 2 214 submitted 1234 verified
run 3 9144 submitted 115 verified

Now each run started on Monday then Tuesday then Wednesday. A lot of links are running but here is my question.

Submitted means that it went out and did its job of posting a link correct?
Verified means that it went out and FOUND that link it built and its live correct?

Now does that mean say on the 10,822 submitted links that GSA really did build so far 10,822 links BUT it can not find them when it goes back to that site to check? Im just wondering when or how long GSA may take to bring that 10,822 submitted to close to 10,000 verified.

Hope you understand what I mean and if so what do you guys do to help push those numbers to the verified colum. I do nothing but let it run really.

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    1) Submitted means that it submitted your link to the website and the submission was successful. Keep in mind just because the link is submitted doesn't mean that it will be "live" right away. Some websites moderate new blog comments, blog posts, etc before going live.

2) Verified means that the software has checked the website to see if your link is present on the website and has verified that it is there.

3) Yes GSA has 10,822 submissions but keep in mind it goes back and rechecks to see if the links are there. If you right click on your project and go to show URLs > submitted > and look at the date (timeout) column you can see when GSA will stop checking to see if your link is present on the site. At that point it will just get rid of the website and stop checking it because more then likely if it has been days and still hasn't found your link on the website, it most likely isn't going to be there.

You can also right click on the project and go to status > active (verify only) and it will try and run verifications for that project and won't post links. After that's done don't forget to switch back to active status to continue building links.

Keep in mind that depending on which platforms you're build links to will also be different for submitted/verified numbers.
  • Ok thank you so I was pretty much right. Now if I do the verification say for 2 days and the numbers dont jump to the verified column can I just forget about that project and delete it as it probaly wont get any more verified links?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited November 2012

I believe that the submitted entries will be checked on for 5 or 6 days before they are either found - and then added to verified - or not found - in which case they are dropped/subtracted from the submitted total.

Since you are on a 5 day lag basis with the submitted number, you don't want to draw too many correlations between submitted and verified.

What I do is look at the submitted to see if the numbers are similar day-to-day. I also look to see if I gain around the same number of verifieds each day. And then I look at my captchas solved each day. If I see any big changes, then I try to see if I have a problem.