Skip to content

Various questions

Hey guys,

Love the forum here.

I have been using GSA on my desktop for a few weeks and gaining an understanding of it.
I am looking to move it to a VPS and would like to clear up a few questions that i have:

- I have Captcha breaker as my primary (65% solve rate at the moment), would you recommend death by captcha or decaptcha as a secondary or another service?
- I am using 2 gmail accounts for my projects, with the new catch all feature, what email accounts do you recommend and how many per project? Can i resue the same for every project, or do i need to create new email accounts per project?
- I have search engines set to all english and i have use urls from global site list, with submitted and verified checked, i want GSA to go through my global list and then scrape for more, is this correct setting?
- I have 20 semi dedicated proxies from buy proxies, would you recommend more and which provider? How many threads should i be running per proxy?
- What should i be looking for in a VPS to run GSA (and possibly scrapebox in the future). How does powerup hosting windows SSD VPS 2x3.7 G cores 20GB data 2GB ram sound for $43PM? Suggestions would be great as i have never used a VPS before.
- is GSA cpu hungry?, ram hungry?, proxy hungry?, harddisk hungry?
- I have the following errors occasionally, can you please explain how to minimize them
- download failed
- proxy X might be blocked on X search engine
- registration failed
- unknown registration status
- how many projects can i run with 20 proxies and with 40 proxies? or can you have multiple projects running split between low thread count and lots of proxies and other settings?
- can you give me your feedback on serengines.com for web2.0 stuff
-lastly what is the best way or moving my local GSA to the VPS, i understand i will need to do a refresh install of GSA and captcha, how do i save/backup my local data and restore on the VPS?

Thanks in advance, i know it is a long list, but these questions are holding me back from properly utilizing the software