Skip to content

Active project not parsing links

edited March 2014 in Bugs
I Imported around 700k links into a project to have them parsed and after an initial boost of ser using all threads to do that (it was the only project active - http://prntscr.com/2ygt4k) ser just stopped. I waited a while to see if it would pick up but it just stood there doing nothing although the project was active and running and there were about 700k target urls left on the list to do. After restarting the project (pressing "stop", waiting for the green color to disappear, and pressing "start") the project started again.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    In the log I see it is verifying links. I guess you use many emails in it so it takes obviously a lot of time here.
  • 10 emails. And it was not veryfying then, that's just a screenshot i did afterwards when I restarted.
    Sorry, maybe send me that project backup for a closer look. Is it processing the rest of the list when you stop/restart?
  • yes, it was. The funny thing is I cannot reproduce the scenario. I'll note it down as thing to look for when it happens again, seems to be very isolated.
  • Ok, managed to reproduce it in a slightly different setting. Set up sheduler with 15 projects, let it run for a minute or two and then stopped it at 14:21. All threads except those visible green on the screen stopped. The log was not showing anything. Threads were blocked at almost max (300 in this case).

http://prntscr.com/2ynwlg

As the timeout in this case is set to 180 seconds (i.e. 3 minutes) ser stopped for exactly 3 minutes. So everything is as it should have been. It is also logical that the projects are marked green as they are "in use", also the threads are being "used". From the point of view of the software I find it totally logical.

From the point of view of a user it is a bit confusing. I press stop and expect the software to stop what it is doing in a resonable timeframe, 10, maybe 20 seconds - not 180. Or maybe getting a message that the html timeout is being processed so I know what is going on.
    next version improved this a bit.