Skip to content

No engine matches on verified list??? WTF?

I started a a new project and I wanted to use the verified list that I got from my other projects. A total of 30k links.
Just that 80% of those are no engine matches now. How is this possible?
I have 10 private proxy from buyproxies. 200 treads and 120 timeout.

Comments

• 10 proxys and 200 threads? not sure if serious. That's WAY too much. Try 2-3 threads per proxy and make sure the sites are alive, should definitely help.
  • sites are alive. I scraped them in the last week. I try your threads setings and get back to you.
  • I put the threads to 50 and I get the same thing. Fom my list of 30k verified links I managed to get only 4k verified on my new project. I am really pissed right now
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited March 2014

When you do this kind of stuff, there are some things you should do first.

1) Understand that the majority (90% -95%) of all links in your verified folder are dups because of lower tiers

2) Actually remove duplicate domains and duplicate URLs (both)

3) Pay attention to your start number before the purge, and how much was deleted.

4) With that information, you now truly understand that most of your verified links are dups, whether Junk or even Contextuals 

5) I haven't even gotten into using Sven's Clean-Up Tool, which does #2 above, plus it then verifies whether the remaining links are still there

So don't get disheartened or anything. This is normal.

• @ron I already cleaned duplicate links before I started the project. The 30k are unique domains
  • ronron SERLists.com

Keep the 30,000 list in a safe place, and then clean a dup of it using the cleaning tool. See what happens.

What this is telling me is that (somehow) a bunch of links are gone. If they are mostly comments that run on to page 2, maybe I could understand. But something doesn't seem right.

Today on one of my servers I forgot to stick in the new proxies. So I ran with expired proxies and made almost no links using a list. So there are other factors to start diagnosing as well.

• @gopo2k, do you have the same engines selected in the new project?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    ^^Good point. That would mess things up too.
  • @ron @nitinsy I always chose same engines for my projects
  • @gopo2k, in that case here is a quick test for you to do:

Take 3-4 URLs that are showing up as engine not match, save the URL to a text file and use SER sort & identify feature. If SER is not identifying the sites then you can escalate to @sven. He will have something to test with and most probably it is a bug.