Skip to content

How to avoid file overwriting on update?

I have modified some of the .ini files, but when i update SER it restores the files to their original state? How can i prevent this? Can i make the files read only?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    no, just rename them to MY_<original name>
  • This doesn't work. I have renamed General Blogs.ini to MY_General Blogs.ini, but i am still getting keywords as anchor text instead of names. I have modified the file and replaced all %anchor_text% with  %spinfile-names.dat% but when update SER it puts new General Blogs.ini file and i guess SER is using the new file not the modified.

Of course you need to use the MY_General Blogs.ini from now on in projects not the default one.

But for this "names as anchor" problem you can as well use 100% generic anchor text here and names will be used for that platform everywhere.

• You mean i have to delete the new General Blogs.ini file every time after updating SER?
  • edited March 2014
    @sven - are you saying that if you select the option to use 100% generic anchor text for blog comment projects that SER will only use names as anchor text rather than keyword anchors?
    @Justin yes as it would be very unnatural having someone post with a name like "click here". That has always been the case from version 1.00
  • Good, this is what I thought I just never manually checked because I never run exclusive blog comment only projects :)
    @emilt9 no, you just have to use your own engine from now on in projects except the original.
  • I saw that there is one entry for MY_General Blogs.ini in Blog Comment section. Do you mean i have to check only this entry and uncheck all others?
    yes