Skip to content

Where does GSA use Keywords from to Post

Hi

1. Does GSA look at Keywords section or the Anchor Text section under Data tab, when it is searching for sites?

2. With Anchor text, if different from Keywords, how many anchors as a minimum should be used to have anchor text diversity?

Thanks in advance for your help

mehul

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1. keywords

2. SEO related question and can not be answered without knowng your niche/target site.

• Hi sven

My niche, is stock market related, so words like stock exchnage, share prices, dow, mutual fund etc...

I guess is there a minimum so as not to have a too greater % in just 1 keyword?

As in is 5 reasonable or should it be more like 10, with a generic setting of 10%

Also does google not like similar keywords, for example

share price
    live share price
    today share price
    yesterday share price
    company share price

ie should the word share price which is my target keyword not be in all keywords

thanks

• mehul1977 You should use keywords like those above as one part of your link building strategy. In GSA SER it is critical that you also build domain anchors and generic anchors. It is best to keep your distribution of keyword based and axact match anchor text low.

The majority of GSA SER users are running something like this:
    30-40% - Domain Anchor
    30-40% Generic Anchor
    1-5% Secondary Anchor
    1-5% LSI
    1-10% Exact match anchor

• edited March 2014
    thank you

If i am trying to target say 5 main keywords for one page

the 5 keywords should make up no more than 1-10% in total or 1-10% each?

thanks
  • Correct, it is wise to kep the exact match anchors(those keywords you are working to rank for) at 10% or under.