Skip to content

Anyone noticed low submitted-verified ratio ?

Dont know if i am the ony one who sees this but for the last few days I get someting like a 10-1 ratio in submitted-verified. I mention that i did not changed anyting in the project and until the last 2-3 updates I was usually getting a 2-1 submitted-verified.

Comments

• Yes, I see even lower ratio. I guess that emails become blocked on sites.
  • I use bulk hotmail accounts
  • Getting around 50% as in the previous versions. Using 10 email accounts per project (don't know if that has influence).
  • Dont think emails are the problem. Websites cant block all hotmails or yahoos
  • Yes I've noticed the same trend.
  • How to know if my email is blacklisted?  I just created an alias and will see how that works.
  • edited March 2014
    @ Sven ,  So I just ran SER for a couple hours with a new alias.  It produced over 800 submissions, after verifying all those, only 1 new verified link popped up.  Any ideas on trouble shooting this super low verified link rate?
  • @rgietzen - what settings?, what campaign?, what email address?, what proxies? - everything has influence on your verified, but from what you are writing it seems like you are using one of the non-working emails.
  • @Ferryman : Settings/campaign/email/proxies - all unchanged since I started using SER 2 months ago.  I am using a URL list from a friend with over 100,000's URL's on them which where custom scrapped.  Initially it was producing verified links quickly.  Over time it gradually slowed down, and the last 2 weeks it about a 1000/1 ratio.  No change in any of the features mentioned.
    I am working a new website that had a manual ban.. which I got successfully lifted last summer.  My goal has been 2-3 new verified URL's daily at first.  I had the PR set high (6-7) at first and was getting those links in minutes.  Over time it slowed and would take hours.  Then I'd have to run it all day to get 2-3 links.  I thought possibly I exhausted the high PR sites on my list, so dropped my PR setting.  Ultimately I ran it for a couple days at 2, but it didn't help.
    I'm thinking my email address got banned as well. I had created a specific email address with my website domain (healthy-mind-body.com), and so today I made a new alias.  I'm still getting about a 1000 sub/ 1 ver link ratio.  Is it possible the entire email domain is banned?  Any way to confirm that other than by trial and error with SER?  Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
  • The original email address is:  rgietz@healthy-mind-body.com.  The alias I made today is :  healthymind@healthy-mind-body.com, which I had forward to the first email.  I'm considering making an entire new email, not just an alias, but have low hopes it will fix the problem.
  • @Ferryman - Just added a new address, using the same website domain, and ran SER.  Didn't help.  Unless you can think of other possible fixes, I'd love some recommendations on where to get new "working" emails.
  • check on botscout.com if you email is blacklisted. 

Are you running the same list again & again through the project? If yes, then check your "continuously try to submit to failed site" and "scheduled posted" options. What are they set to?

Try using hotmail account instead of your domain account. 

Lastly, which proxies are you using, private, semi-private or public? If you have verification problems there could be three problems (from my experience)

1) Proxies
    2) Email blacklisted
    3) Bad engines - some engines just have a low verification rate

Another test you should do is to let SER scrape and not use a list. Just for the purpose of testing and figuring out where your verficition issue are.

• @nitinsy

That was helpful. I found two problems:

1. I have been using 5 dedicated proxies, but upon checking the list, they somehow were erased and there was only the public proxies. 

2.  The "continuously try to failed site" option was selected as well. I was surprised as I recall deselecting that in the past.

My email checked out as clean per botscout.com.  I am running now with the above 2 options fixed and a total of 3 emails.  I'll move on to your other suggestions if that doesn't fix it.
  • @rgietzen,
    I would recommend going for semi-dedicated proxies instead of dedicated. You get more for the same price. 

And for emails, get some more, you can find good deals on this forum and on fiverr. I got 300 for $5 on fiverr. 25-50 per project is what worked for me
  • edited March 2014
    just like @nitinsy said - get semi. Half the price, almost exactly the same features.
    Also, you can use the dottrick to generate millions of addresses while only having one gmail account. Saves some time managing email addresses.
  • @Ferryman
    @nitinsy

I'll consider the semi proxies.  I choose dedicated because I understood with semi, you don't know who else is using and how they are being used, and hence they could get banned quick. 

I did fix my link problem.  There were two causes:

1.  I maxed out all the high PR link producing URL's from my list.

2.  I added my new proxies to the list incorrectly last week.  I moved using the clipboard option and there are two ways to do it.  I choose the wrong way causing my proxies to fail.

Earlier this week when I tried running at lower PR... it didn't work because the proxies were inserted wrong.  I corrected all, and just ran at PR 3 and produced 4 links in a couple minutes. 

I also used the dottrick with gmail and successfully made about 16K emails and inserted 25 into this project, just to be safe. 

Thanks for all the help!
  • @rgietzen, great that you solved it.

I had the same concern about semi-dedic proxies when I started. But turns out they work well even when shared with others and you get more for same price - so better IP diversity.
  • I'm sold!
    :>