Skip to content

How to sucessfully use Gscraper/Scrapebox with GSA?

Hi, I'd like to know how could I successfully use Gscraper or Scrapebox with GSA SER.. I was trying something by myself but wasn't really successful.. I exported some of the footprints from GSA SER into scrapebox and merged them with keywords.. I stopped scrapping after 50.000 links just to test them and I'm not sure if this is normal BUT I get really LOW amount of verified links .. even though I use "indentify platform and sort in" function before I actually Import them into GSA SER..? Is there any tutorial that could help me out with this so I can built up my own GSA SER list ? Thanks :)

Comments

• you're one of those guys eh? I know the basics, but I need more information about it. Tweaks / tricks..
  • Try scraping millions of urls instead of just 50k. You are also removing duplicate urls right? Also, I'd personally avoid the identify platform and sort in tool. I have heard that it will miss a significant amount of targets. I'd much rather just run a list through a project and check verified urls.
  • This was just to test.. And yes I am.. Okay then I'll just run it instead of indetifying it.. Thanks
  • I realize it was a test, but 50k urls really does not sound like much of a test to me. May I ask how many of those 50k urls resulted in verified urls?

Also, if you are not looking for blog comments and image comments, you should just remove duplicate domains as well, because it does not make much sense to run the same domain through ser twice then.

• edited March 2014
    "Try scraping millions of urls instead of just 50k. You are also removing duplicate urls right? Also, I'd personally avoid the identify platform and sort in tool. I have heard that it will miss a significant amount of targets. I'd much rather just run a list through a project and check verified urls."

It should take about as much time to id as to run the urls as you can only ID platforms by running the website - so it is kind of redundant. Just run it, and if success is low change the way you get the urls.