Skip to content

How does SER manage threads?

@Sven, need your inputs here.

I am running one project right now which has all engines checked except video and document sharing. I am using a verified list and submitting only to those - search and everything else is disabled. Verification is set for every 60 minutes. I have 100 semi-dedicated proxies. For catpcha, CB with spamvilla configured inside CB with 1 retry.

I have configured 300 threads and I just can't get SER to use all threads. It is using only 30-40 threads. In the log I see submissions happening but at a very slow pace.

The list is not great and I am seeing a whole lot of download failed BUT I would expect SER to use 300 threads and push hard, even if all I see is download failed and few submissions

Would like to know how the threads are managed.

Comments

• BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    1 project will not often use all of the threads. You will need a couple more projects for all threads to be used.
  • @Brandon, thanks for your input. I know that it will not use all of the threads, I am wondering why? I have 200K verified links and SER has not used all for that project and is crawling right now at 2LPM

HOSTS_DONE file for that project shows 60K domains and I know for sure I have 1K unique domains in that list. It would be nice if SER can quickly run through all of them.

@Sven, your inputs please?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    delete url history and see if that helps.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    @nitinsy, sorry, I can't help with the 'why', that's just the way it has always been.