Skip to content

OUT OF MEMORY

edited February 2014 in GSA Search Engine Ranker
Hello, 

We use a dedicated server on Windows Server 2012 R2 64bit with latest generation Dual XEON and 64 GIGA DRR3 and we have an error message: OUT OF MEMORY while the program not even use 2 GIGA memory, how to adjust this problem? 

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Since SER is a 32bit app, it won't ever use more than 4gigs of RAM. I occasionally get this error as well sometimes and the consens on here seems to be that it appears somewhere between 1-2 gigs of RAM usage already. There is no real solution other than cleaning up your projects and reducing anything that could get SER tripping over itself - i.e. regularly clean dupes from your sitelist, don't import scrapes that are way too huge directly into projects, use the project scheduler, slightly reduce amount of threads etc.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    Really though there needs to be a better solution

My servers just go on a out of memory loop forever sometimes. Whether you hit yes or no, the message just comes back and again and won't go away. So i can't edit anything or do anything other than watch the message or shut down SER in task manager.

And the memory usage was like 1.0 gig or less, crazy!!!!

I've got a video of the problem, i'm going to upload it and post a link here later for you @sven
    Hopefully you can look at a fix for this.

• I have exactly the same as gooner - i have to restart SER to stop this alert. My memory usage is often less than 2GB.