Skip to content

Proxy's eating huge bandwidth

after last updates, GSA SER started to use huge amount of bandwidth, thousand of connections, while running 10 projects with 100 threads and 119 private proxy's server's peak of proxy is 50M per second, something is really wrong.

lmk when it's fixed.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    sorry but nothing has changed here. I don't think this comes from SER. I got your bugreports as well btw.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    @anddone How are you verifying this?

Also, why would you have 119 private proxies and 100 threads?
  • if nothing has changed, then strange things going on, or "mass email creator" that i purchased has some kind of malware or spamware in it that it uses gsa as source to use my proxy's.

there where no problems before last night, i was running 250 projects at time and 320 threads with same proxy's and no that kind of usage was from proxy's.

i know that when i run scrapebox it peaks to 3-5M per second on proxies, but GSA never was doing that.

any software or CMD suggestions to see who i using proxy's if you say that GSA is not ?

@brandon i don't see problems here, i have them just all added.
    @anddone use WireShark 
  • @sven any ides how to see what software is using proxy ? in WireShark

i just stated with one proxy with SER and it was using 13M per second for 20 minutes i was running SER, i don't understand what changed, that proxy's started using that much bandwidth....
  • while using WireShark i found that even i have removed proxy's GSA(LiteonTe_15) is still using my proxy's ip for some reason even in proxy section of SER those proxy's are removed...

as for now i just don't understand.... what is done to SER... half year user with no problems 2014-02-24, strange things started...

explain me what's wrong
  • @sven can i get GSA SER version that was on 2014-02-23 ? for testing ?
    No as I don't keep old versions sorry. However proxies should only be used if you have them enabled in options, else not. I can't see a problem on this. If you delete them however from the list it might still be used for a small time due to a cache.
  • problems is same here, i just tested on one proxy and it uses 8MB/s, of servers bandwidh, someone has done something it can't just happen by it's self, used SER with same proxy's for months, and now can't because someone did something....
    Well I haven't done that for sure. There hasn't been any change on this.