Skip to content

Email Option in SER

Okay,  This is has been going on for a long time now and I don't think anyone has addressed it or even looked into it.

There is a option inside SER more specifically the email.    Where if Checked it says to delete emails after _ days.   I have this option checked on every single project I've created.  And it has not once delete any emails at all

Is this happening to everyone?  Or is there something that I'm not doing?  I have catchall's on Every single project I create could that be the reason why?  Or Does it plain and simple just doesn't work?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Well I have no catchall setup but I don't see why this would be different. It works for me but let me explain why this might be a problem for some setups:

The issue comes with the pop3 protocol. If you issue a DELETE command on the pop3 server, it means not that this email is deleted, just tagged as to be deleted. It will finally deleted if you do a logout and not get disconnected abnormally. So the only reason why this might happen is, that you get disconnected from the server by a timeout or connection breaks.

• Ok, Thanks Sven,

Is there anything I can do on my end to get this to work?  In the meantime I created a Cron Job that will go in and delete all emails that are older than 3 days on All Emails on that server. 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    hmm Im sure you can do something like that yes. However I would like to know myself why this does seem to be a problem on your end as well. I might add some more details if a logout was successful or not...so we will know if thats the issue on your end.