Skip to content

Low verified count from a purchased verified list (I get ~20%, others 30-40%+ with the same list)

Gang, I have a problem.

In the past I purchased a verified list on here and was pretty disappointed by the results. It had around 46k unique domains but I got maybe 3-4k out of that, so around 6-7%. I considered paying $40 for 3-4k links a waste of money so I moved on.

Got in touch with another list seller on here and decided to give it another try again. He claimed he got 37%+ out of his list of 30k unique domains and others in his thread claimed to get good results, too.

I just got finished with the list and could barely get 7k domains (=23%) out of the 30k. I believe my settings are pretty loose, i.e. almost no restrictions.

- created a completely fresh project and imported the list. all engines checked
- 10 emails (rediffmail) for that project, they all worked well before and still work well afterwards, so no verifieds got lost there
- 20 private proxies, 40 SER threads, rarely getting blobbed recaptcha (so proxies are good)
- all filters turned off (PR, OBL, bad words etc.), checked all links to create (except "forum posting")
- "continously try to post if failed before" and "allow posting on same site again" are turned off, of course
- Captchas are solved via CB, 1 retry, 100% accuracy (same as the list seller)

...anybody have any other ideas/suggestions what I could do to improve this?
If you need screenshots please tell me and I'll provide.

Would really appreciate some tips. I've done a lot of reading and learning in this forum over the last few months and have a pretty effective SER setup now, so I can't believe that I'm still getting so bad percentages out of a verified list, yet others get almost double that with the same list...so I still must be doing something wrong.

Thanks.

Comments

• Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    In my opinion, I have seen brand new members joining and starting to sell lists and don't think this should be allowed. Check the sellers account before buying.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    "continously try to post if failed before" will help you get more links.
    I would turn that option on, but aside from that everything looks good.
  • @gooner I asked the list seller, he said he had it turned off also when he got his 11k+ verifieds on the first run.

I don't like that option because it prevents the message "no more targets to post to" from popping up, so I never know when a project has finished an imported list of x URLs. Do you know how often SER will try to post to failed sites again and with what priority (compared to remaining "normal" URLs in the project)?

Any other ideas?
    edited February 2014
    The problem with the way you did it is that you imported the sitelist into a project, so that project gets one shot at each URL. What if it timed out? What if the proxy failed? What if the site was temporarily down?

You're losing a lot of good links. IMO the true test of a sitelist is to import it into one of SER folders and select your projects to post from there with "continously try to post if failed before"selected.

On my setup, a 50k list will sustain high LPM for maybe a week. But i have a dedi with a lot of projects, for VPS with less projects it might last longer.

You'll know it's dying when LPM starts to drop, experience will help you know an acceptable level (for me it's 100 LPM). Not including times when SER is mass verifying.

I've bought a few lists and produce my own too, if you want me to run it for you and give you an honest opinion i'm happy to do that. Just shoot me a PM.
  • Hm, good thoughts.

The "continously try to post..." - that only holds true for sites that failed, right? So let's say I run a 30k list, out of that 10k failed. SER will now try to finish the first 20k and then continuously run through the remaining 10k failed...until you stop it?

I frequently switch between projects with different settings, so my lpm is all over the place...

I'll run this list again the way you suggested and see what happens, thanks again.
    Yes just for failed sites, it doesn't determine the way SER handles URls in terms of priority though.

Like if you post from a folder it randomly picks URL's, so in that case any that failed would be attempted again.

But you will reach saturation point, like where SER is picking so many URLs that it's already posted to that the LPM drops off. That's when it's time to change the list or delete URL history.

Deleting URL history is a whole other debate, but i do it regularly on lower tiers to boost LPM again.
  • I don't think it will redundantly post to the same sites multiple times unless you have the option chosen to "allow posting to the same site twice". Continuously try to post to the domain even if failed before gives SER multiple chances to post to any previously failed sites, not verified.
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    edited February 2014
    I think maybe it might have to do with the Captcha service. Only using CB is not good enough these days. More sites are now using ReCaptcha so we need either a good OCR or Human solve service for those.

I was able to get away with just CB before, but have had to use and OCR now, and once in a while use a human solve service when I feel I need to kick that in. So IMO, if a seller is saying that they made their list with only CB, and there are lots of Articles, Social Bookmarks, Social networks in the list, I think they are not telling the whole truth.

But the "continously try to post..." does not have to be selected, just make sure to save the failed when running a purchased list, and try the sites again. I find that when I have that selected, I get the out of memory errors, not sure why though. Maybe because of the amount of sites I have SER processing?