Skip to content

After only 7 days my campaign has slowed to a crawl!! Solution?

edited November 2012 in Need Help
The solution to this as i see it is to remove, reduce the # of damn messages in the inbox.

I recently proved emails were the problem here by moving 5,000 emails to another mailbox in hotmail and starting up GSA. Low and behold everything started pumping away once again so whats the solution?

Well i am almost guarentee you that for every submission your going to get at least one more email or even a 3rd. Thats a huge bottleneck as far as processing is concerned.

First GSA makes the submission
Verficiaton email with link arrives <<== more often than not
welcome email arrives
Status update msg <<=== on occasion

The solution is to filter out the verification emails when they arrive as soon as possible and discard all the others.

This can be accomplished using rules. Im using Hotmail and 5 - 10 rules should be enough to catch all variations of what to look for in the subject line.

Then, you move the junk to the junk folder.

Has anyone tried this?

That way, you keep the inbox as clean as possible with only the messages that need to be verified in there.

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Hi,

Interesting solution. You mentioned it could be accomplished using rules. Do you have any example rules?
  • mhmm i doubt that is the reason for the slowing down on my campaigns after some days, cause even when i replace email after some days with anohter new one, the projects still slow down, i was guessing its more like most of the related stuff was posted already?
  • I have 29,000 submission and only 4000 verified. Whats wrong with this picture? This is my latest campaign running for 5 days or so.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited November 2012
    Which platforms are you using? Have you tried setting the campaign to Active (verify only)?

If you're worried that the verification is incorrect you can try running your submitted list through scrapebox link checker. Some users have tried this and it always comes back correct.
  • On both tier 3 and 4 as i call it. Both have 29k+. Iv set them to verify, lets see what happens.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited November 2012

@mikie46 I'm not sure you have a problem. My verifieds tend to track at 15% - 20% of submitted on any given day. Don't forget that there is a 5 or 6 day lag to clear it out of submitted and either deposit it in verified or eliminate it. So your submitted will always be significantly larger than your verified. It's the lag that's built in.

Leaving that aside, if I think posting has slowed down, I always check: 1) Proxies to make sure they are working - this has a sneaky way of being the biggest issue - and I'm using private semi-dedicated proxies; 2) Email to make sure it isn't blacklisted; 3) Keywords - see if I might need a new keyword list as the one I have in there might be stale; 4) Bandwidth to see if there are any issues there. So far, anytime posting has slowed down for me, it was one of those four things above.

• With the verify issue, a lot comes down to what platforms you're submitting to. For example, if your posting to guestbooks, you'll get a load of submissions, but not many verifications, due to the fact there heavily spammed, so by the time the program checks, you're link is no longer on the url where you left it as it's rolled off that page
  • @ron Leaving that aside, if I think posting has slowed down, I always check:
    1) my email to make sure it isn't blacklisted; 2) see if I might need a
    new keyword list as the one I have in there might be stale; 3) check my
    bandwidth to see if there are any issues there. So far, anytime posting
    has slowed down for me, it was one of those three things above.

>> Yes to all of the above however here is the problem. Making changes to a project that has been running doesnt seem to take effect. I could change the email address, and or keywords or anything else you listed but it doesnt take effect. I keep seeing the same results happening once i restart the campaign.

I guess i would have to clear the cache? Where is that located? Maybe someone can clear up this mystery. That is, once the project starts how can you get it to recognize changes?