Skip to content

Need help, about to buy GSA

Hi guys, Ive been using the trial version and i'm about to buy the software. I need help with certain issues.

Regarding proxies, would 10 or 20 be enough? I have set threads to 50 and time interval between search queries to 120 seconds. I currently only have 1 project ongoing. I was just testing the program with only TWO proxies. I know its little but it was just a test and I got banned by google within a couple of minutes.

Also, what should I check as private/public in the proxy settings? I'm absolutely clueless. I've seen people check private for everything from search to verification. Appreciate your help!

Comments

• edited February 2014
    If your starting out go with 10 but 20 would be better. Search query time seems fine. Check as private. For verifications and email no need for proxies leave unchecked.

Will you be getting private or shared proxies?
  • Well, I was thinking about getting private from what I've read. I wanted to get shared proxies for scraping of URLs and importing that list with GSA. Probably 10 shared for scraping URL and 10 private for GSA posting? What do you think?

anyway thanks for your reply
  • With shared proxies there is chance someone else using them for scraping also. This is why some proxy providers ask what you will be using proxies for...good providers will match you correctly to your activities.