Skip to content

Best settings to run GSA SER?

Hello,

A few days ago, I purchased GSA SER with the money I saved up. I tried to run it on my laptop but I think it's better to get a VPS for it. I had a pathetic LpM on laptop. I just once saw 4 and most of the time it was below 1 and I was seeing numerous "verification failed" in the logs. 

I have/will have the following:

- GSA SER
- Captcha Sniper
- Wicked Article Creator
- 10 semi-dedicated proxies (in process of buying)
- VPS: 2 cores, 1 GB, 200 Mbps (in process of buying) 

As VPS and proxies are a monthly subscription, I do not want to waste any days.

My campagins: 3 YouTube videos and 2 sites (maybe 1)

Lists: I plan on finding free verified lists and combining them all. Is it a good idea?

What do I lack?
The know-how of the best settings to use for videos and sites + the link building strategy (tiered link building).

What do I want people to answer in this thread?
Comment on everything I have and plan to do + any tips/tricks/instructions/tutorials to set up the best settings and the link building strategies for both videos and sites.

Thank you!

Comments

• Your setup looks good though the VPS seems to be a bit weak. I'd go for 4 cores and 2gb ram instead. Especially since I recommend you to get Scrapebox on top of your setup and scrape links in there only, then import them into SER so SER doesn't scrape but only posts.

Trying to find verified lists and combining them should work but keep in mind most of them will be old and spammed to death already with lots of dead sites in them so YMMV.

Best settings, link building strategies...you can find all of that by looking through this forum, looking at the stickied threads and checking out threads from people like @ron, @gooner, @JudderMan and lots and lots of others.
  • I think 1GB of RAM is too low for running SER together with CS, I have WAC but after couple of weeks using them I dediced to choose soemthing better - SEO Content Machine its one of the best articles tools out there. In my opinion WAC is a good tool for 2nd tier only. VPS should be enough, I have very powerfull dedicated but cant use full power of it with SER, cos as I see SER uses at max only 1GB of RAM and my processor is utilized at max on 20-25% when I have 600threads.

Link building - this what I am using

1TIER - W.20, Article sites, Social Networks, Wikis (PR1+)
    2TIER - same as above (PR0+)
    3TIER - everything I have (PRN/A +)

and it works

Remember index all the backlinks ,you should consider purchasing indexing service, I am using expressindexer, but I belive there are the better ones here but have no expiriences with others.
  • Being unemployed in a third world country, I have made expensive investments already and do not want to make any more until I start seeing that I am being able to rank videos/sites.

@johnmiller, thank you for replying. 2 cores and 1 GB is the best I can afford right now. Same answer for Scrapebox. Is SER not a good scraper? What if I let SER scrape and post? 

It makes sense when you said old lists may be spammed to death. So my only alternative is going without lists. I think many people do it without lists, no? What is your opinion on going without any lists?

It'd be great if you can link me to some of those threads that you have personally tested or know for sure that they work. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

@thomas73, thank you for replying. I'll see if I can upgrade to 2 GB. For now, I can only use WAC so I'll have to make do with it. 

Thanks for sharing your link building strategy. Is this what you do for videos or sites, or both? What is the number of verified links you create for each of these tiers?

I have read mixed opinions about indexing. Some people advocate for doing indexing and some advocate for letting the links getting indexed naturally. 

• If you have you choose between the following two, which would you choose?

A) 1 core, 2 GB RAM
    B) 2 cores, 1 GB RAM
  • It all depends on the quality of target sites and uniqueness and also quality or articles you put on them (:, if they are good both you can be sure your links will be indexed fast without any indexing service. But you must to ask the question to yourself can you afford to purchase or write articles by yourself, in first case it`s bit pricey, in second case it`s very time consuming.

But if you have only couple of projects you can depend on getting them indexed naturally but if the quality of spunned articles and PR of target sites will be low your index rate will be very low also. From my expirience in that case I had up to 30% indexed at max within couple of weeks, with indexing service you will get 50-60% indexed within a minutes and up to 80% within 2-3 weeks.

It really depends on this what you expect and what you can afford. Indexing services costs usually 30-40$ monthly. I don`t have any videos to rank so I am using this method to websites only.

Anyway WAC is a really good piece of software, you will like it (: but it needs little more manual control than SEO content machinge to provide readable article.
  • You`ve mentioned you are using CS so 2GB of ram could be very helpfull
  • ronron SERLists.com

I would want 4 GB RAM. I operate between the server + SER + CB sometimes at 2.5 GB RAM.

2 GB is the absolute minimum needed. With 1 GB RAM you will fail straight out of the box. 

• @ron - where do you see your vps stats ? SER logs show that it uses not more than 700 Mb, but I have no idea about CB.
  • edited February 2014
    @RayBan Taskmanager? (my vps runs on win 2012 and I can just open taskmanager like on a normal windows and then see how much CPU/RAM each process eats up)
  • @Rayban - (If using windows server 2008) Start => Administrative tools => Performance Monitor => Open resource monitor.

You can see all of the stats there.
  • Okay, I guess I'll go with 1 core, 3 GB RAM, 3 TB transfer. 

I still need someone to point me to any threads where I can basically copy off the best settings to rank videos and/or sites. 
  • May I ask where you are planning to get your vps? Since cost is an issue, maybe we can help you find a cheaper provider which better suits your needs?

If I were to rank a youtube video, I'd just spam it to the high heavens. Simple as that.
  • @fakenickahl,

The cheapest (with some reputation) provider I have found is interserver.net. 

I wanted to go with 2 slices (2 GB RAM) as it's cheaper than 3 slices (3 GB RAM) but after reading this thread here I may hesitantly go for 3 slices. 

Have you had luck ranking YT videos recently with this strategy (spamming as much as possible)? Meaning no tiered link building or anything?