Skip to content

Project URL confusion

When creating a new project from the main screen there is no difference between "New" and "New (Enter Name)". Both open the Project Data screen. One would expect by selecting "New (Enter Name)" that you would be prompted for a Project Name.

Also if you create a project without entering a URL on the data screen and instead select "Use verified URL's of another project" the radio button in front of "use a random URL from the above URL submission" remains checked even though there is no URL in the URL field. 

Comments

• 1. You will be prompted for a project name when you have finished editing it.

2. I think "url submissions" can also be from another project, so you have the option to also use a random url from another project instead of submitted to urls in a sequence.
  • There is way in this scenario to uncheck the "use a random URL from the above URL submission" button. It will not stick.
  • I never used it so I wouldn't know. But what would even be the point in not using a random url every time? If it is indeed going through the list from top to bottom (I'm not sure it does) for every attempt at submission then it'll probably end up the same, as you rarely will get only submissions and no "no engine matches", "download failed", and so on messages.

If you are worried you won't get an equal amount of backlinks to every backlink from another project, I really don't think you should worry. It'll surely be very close when you've got a decent amount of links submitted.
  • The purpose of the button is to randomly select urls and if unchecked it is supposed to go through the list of URLs sequentially. If you have a sub project that is using verified links from a higher tiered project there is no way to uncheck the random submission button. This is why I am trying to report this as a bug. 
  • I apoligize man, I didn't realize which category you posted in. I thought you were asking how to not go through the list randomly and that's why I said it might not make much sense to do so. I've now properly understood your intentions and I'm sorry. Hope I helped on the create new project part though.
  • I appreciate your responses but actually neither helped. Perhaps it's my explanations. 

When you create a new project using "New (Enter Name)" GSA requires you to enter a URL and keyword and will then prompt for a project name. If I am going to use higher Tier URL's from a different application such as UD, FCS, etc. I would prefer to be able to create the project using a project name only and then add my higher tier URL's through the "right click / show URL's / verified / right click / import verified URL's from File" function. This way my URL's show up in the verified URL screen and I can link subordinate projects to them, and can run verification on them periodically if needed. The way the program asks for a URL by default is confusing especially along with the inability to uncheck the random submission button.