Skip to content

huge ranking drop today , anyone else?

Hi I notice couple of my site have huge drop today, I have no idea what happen.  just want to check does this apply to somebody else?

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    I noticed big changes today, some sites were as much as -200 and others +200.
    Google must be updating the algorithm or something.
    Maybe it will be back to normal tomorrow.
  • edited February 2014
    My SERPBuddy account hasn't updated (for the billionth time)....I'm excited now. Change is good, whether up or down. 

If it's up, you're ranking. If it's down, it's dancin'. If it stays down it's a penalty, so you know what not to do next time :P

Feb is usually when Google makes a big change and again in April.
  • All good here, a couple of keywords dancing, but everything seems to be on the up and up. Fingers crossed lol.
  • Dancing here as well. For main keyword its crazy dance, somewhere after 300 from 40 or so. It's a site still in progress so I am sure it's not penalized and will be back soon.
  • No changes here. But 2 of my sites were slapped down on 10th January when nobody else here seemed to be affected, so who knows. One of them has recovered, a bit since then.
  • By the way http://algoroo.com/ looks like something has been brewing for ages.
  • I am showing steadiness with over 500 ranked keywords right now.
  • SerpBuddy has updated, no change for me, no ups or downs. Usually means something is coming or changing. 
  • I hope it doesnt affect me this time. Hopefully my domains are too new. Good luck to all :)
  • edited February 2014
    FYI - Some weird algo update Valentines Day.. 

• I got my first unnatural link warning today. Not bad I guess seeing as I've been using SER for over a year now. Looks my rankings have all been removed for this site already. Oh well, one letter difference makes a whole new fresh domain :D
  • spunko2010 - Do your rankings dropped to 100+ position or at all your site got deindexed? - just want better know if site is penalized, I never got unnatural link warning, but my rankings is usually droping..
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    @jakubsas I have never got one of those warnings before. It was weird, I got a warning and nothing happened to my rankings - until about 5 days later when they all just died. Like 90% traffic loss in one day. I gave up on the domain and moved it to a new one with new IP. I think a variation in links or even a devaluation in links is OK, you can recover - but when you get an actual notice in WMT then it's time to change up the domain. That's my experience anyway. I just wish I knew what factor caused Google to notice and penalise me , when they haven't done so to any of my other (8+) sites.
  • I've been Disavowing links on a client site (branded domain so couldn't change it) since December. It takes them 2-3 weeks to come back and say whether the penalty is lifted. Just last week, the penalty was lifted. However, after seeing which links they were giving me as examples, it seems that old skool AMR blasts, bought BHW blog comments and Senuke type links (they used pretty much the same batch of sites in their lists, unlike SER) were to blame. It could also have been that I'd got lax with the content I was using or it wasn't spun well enough but looking at the examples that were given, they weren't too bad. 
  • ronron SERLists.com
    I agree with @spunko2010 with what he said above. You have to move it if it is that screwed up.

People need to realize that if you don't handle your special sites or client sites differently, they will get hammered by G. I would be making special buffer sites to form a moat around the moneysite or client sites. Really high value stuff, and then SER 'below' that.

And on the buffer, I would be using human spun that is perfectly readable. Keep all the logins and passwords in a spreadsheet in case you need to change the links or detach the buffer properties.
  • JudderMan  "If it's up, you're ranking. If it's down, it's dancin'. If it stays down it's a penalty, so you know what not to do next time" - For how long site must to be down after some ranks, to be sure that it is penalized?
  • @jakubsas 2-3 weeks, some people give it longer others change domains immediately.