Skip to content

Verified lists from server 1 and 2 get 40% success rate on server 3, why?

edited February 2014 in Need Help

I've noticed this quite frequently, enough to stop living with it and address the problem in question format.

I set 70K verified comments/links with exact same parameters from 2 boxes over to post on a 3rd box today. It posted to about 20K of them. That's really bad given that these are verified prev posted 1-2 days ago comments/trackbacks/etc - not the kind of urls that go down in large amounts.

also - the "do not post to the same site twice" parameters - do they apply to inner urls or whole domains? If I import50 different urls of SAME domain that can be commented on, will 5max posts per and 2max accounts per - mean per url you're submitting to? or for entire domain? making it 5x2 = 10 comments/50 posted? or 10 comments per each of 50 urls?

Whats up? What can I do to better the rates?


  • I am seeing similar problems. Very odd. It seems to happen most when I import from file.

    Running them in fresh projects with new emails seems to help.
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    Are you using the same proxies on all your servers?
  • goonergooner
    Guys, put the list in "failed" (or any SER folder you are not using), then have your projects post from that same folder.

    Are your results the same as when you import to project?

    That way you eliminate if importing from file is the problem, or maybe proxies as @trevor_bandura suggested or maybe even something else.

    Point is, you have to try different things to get the source of the problem sometimes.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Also, the verified folder is never checked after a URL goes into it. I would think that most of the links in your verified folder are old and probably not working. This is a fairly common problem as well.
  • ronron

    ^^Everybody inflates the value of their verified list. Over 90% are duplicate domains and URLs. And then with the remaining 10% probably half the links don't exist (over time). So 5% seems like the true residual over time.

    **The kicker** - You use your verified sitelist for links, and you keep perpetuating the cycle of the same links.

  • edited February 2014
    @satans_apprentice - thankyou - testing now.

    @trevor_bandura - I'm scraping free proxies on the 2 servers that got the 70K verified, and using 300-400 squids on 100 threads to post to them on my master server - so should be atleast the same high rate.

    @gooner - testing this now, but I don't get why an unused verified global folder w 70k txt of urls would somehow upload to a new project of GSR differently than importing targets from a file to a new project. Same thing to a bot, I'd think. Just importing a list from a txt.

    @brandon - no, these were 70k verified over the past 2-3 days. They wouldn't have gone bad that quick, nor were there previous verifieds in that file since it was a fresh install. That's why it's confusing.

    @ron - same thing, I guess, if directed at me. This was a fresh list, if it wasn't - I wouldn't be wondering.

    I do fully know and use Xrumer - learned it before I knew about GSR, so I understand quality of lists goes bad quickly/etc/etc.

    That's why this is such a puzzle. The private squids are used for nothing but scraping - and if they're not blacklisted on Google I can't imagine them being blacklisted on crappy tier3 comment/trackback sites/global blacklists. Tested a few and seem all clear.

    Thanks for the suggestions - testing on new project and through an unused "global list" as an import point now.

    Also going to test the full list on one of the two servers - see what that do.
  • goonergooner
    @thisoldhat - Very simple, you import to a project then SER has one chance to post to a URL.
    But if you let SER post from a specific folder it can try to post to the same URL repeatedly = Better success rate.

    SER is a multi threaded software, perfectly good URLs will fail sometimes, that's the nature of the beast - So better give it multiple opportunities to make a successful post.
  • It's weird. I create a fresh verified list on Server A, import it to server B with new emails and new proxies, and the list only verifies at 30%.
  • goonergooner
    edited February 2014
    I'm noticing this too, only happened since last 2 - 3 days.
    Not as low as 30 or 40%, but definitely lower than usual.
    @sven could an update be responsible?
  • SvenSven
    Sorry but what should search for on such reports? Give me something to play with and a sample URL and I can see why it might cause problems.
Sign In or Register to comment.