Skip to content

Projects all empty after update

I have just updated to the new version 7.70 and now all the projects are empty: there's no url, no keywords, no platforms to submit selected, etc
It's all gone... Now i have to add them all one by one.
Does SER save a backup or something like that somewhere (automated backup) or any way i can load the data for the old projects?

Comments

• And it seems that all the settings were deleted: submission settings, captcha, indexing, filters and advanced setting...
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    happy I never updated if this is true.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @dvolker all working fine here. Did you maybe install to a wrong folder and you see nothing because it is not finding the data?
  • i've updated it a few times until now and everything was ok, but this time everything is empty.
    the .prj files are still there but they all have just 1kb

sorry but this comes not from the software or the installer. somehting else must have done this.

is your hard disk full maybe?

• no, i still have lots of space...
    anyway, i will add them back again manually.
    but i wanted to ask you there's a feature like automatic back-up every 12 or 24 hrs so. i know there's a backup feature but i just want to know if this backup can be done automatically
    sorry no, this backup making takes a lot space and resources and I decided not to add such feature.
  • thanks for the great support sven! the fact that you try to answer all the questions makes any bugs seem small. keep up the great work with all the gsa apps
  • Sorry to hear that dvolker but at the same time, thanks for posting here and potentially saving someone else from having this issue. You reminded me that I haven't done an update of my stuff for almost a month. And I have to agree with Sven, backing up everything takes a lot of space. All my settings + projects together are almost 1gb.
  • well, most people usually have big hard drives, so 1gb is nothing