Skip to content

URL as anchor text?

Just wondering if it would be possible to add a new anchor text option "URL as anchor text"?

Right now, SER already has "domain as anchor text" but for some campaigns (like youtube videos, inner pages of my own site etc.) I'd like to have a bit of raw anchor text, i.e. the exact URL.

At the moment, if I want to have the raw anchor text, I need to enter that manually in spintax into one of the additional anchor text fields. However, that's a real pain if I have a campaign with around 30 different URLs. And even if I enter all URLs manually with spintax in one of the anchor text fields, it's highly likely that I get the wrong anchor text for the current link.

So if the current URL that gets a link would be "mysite.com/blue-widgets" and I have {mysite.com/blue-widgets|mysite.com/red-widgets|mysite.com/green-widgets}, it would be possible to get the wrong anchor text for that URL.

Hope I'm making sense and sorry for the long winded explanation.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    why not just using the macro %url% instead of entering all the different URL's?
  • Could you point me to some macro guide, in case there is one? I see people talking about spinfiles, spinfolders and macros but have no idea how to use these :-S

So are you saying by entering %url% in a field like "partial match anchor text", it would then always post the raw URL as anchor text (and anchor text and URL would match)?
  • edited February 2014
    Thanks @Sven and @cherub, looks like that solved my issue =D> Didn't even know this huge macro guide existed!

Just wondering why did you put a "domain as anchor text" option in there? One could just use %url_domain%...right?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    That option is doing more than just domain or url  insertions. It also does some other variations like host with slash at end and no slash, domain with www. and without and so on...