Skip to content

GSA help with multiple URLS and anchor text placement

Hi All,

I am trying to put together my first GSA project using Matt's guidelines and have come across some issues before I submit it.

These would effectively be tier 2 links, as I do not want any going to the money site. 

I want to point the links to 6 different URLs, but when I preview the content, the back link ALWAYS links back to the first URL (by hovering over the link test link at the bottom of the page) I have entered and doesn't take into account the other URL's. I have separated the URL's using a comma in the space in the URL section. I have used the following code for GSA to choose the random URL and Anchor Text:

{<a href=”%random_url%">%random_anchor_text%</a>}

Yet there is no randomness about it, all the previews that have been generated so far have been using the first URL and the first anchor text - nothing seems random.

I have also selected 'No Link' to test the above code.

I obviously do not want to have all the links pointing back to a single site, with only one variation of the anchor text!

<strong>2 more questions!</strong>

Can a project be saved if you are, for instance, midway through it and you have to turn off your computer for some reason?

Is there a way to turn off/stop the project once it has run for say two months and the article has been used sufficiently to reduce its effectiveness? I have this one set at 7 verified per day, but only want to run until the article uniqueness has gone, would be about 350 times.

Thanks

Jonathan

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

This usually is just for the preview as not all variations are shown there. However I tested it and for me the %random_url% macro works just fine. Please send your project backup to see what might be wrong

You can set it to pause for a long time but not to stop it.

• Hi Sven,

Thanks for the answer.

As a newbie to GSA, I have no idea what the following is when you mean "Please send your project backup to see what might be wrong"?

Regarding the pause of the a project, are you saying that GSA will continue running until I request it to be changed the status 'inactive' from 'active'?

Thanks

1. right click ->modify->backup

2. yes, it is pausing the submission, but verification is still going on.

• Thanks Sven.

On a side note I have only recently submitted a project and get the following message on the project already:

"All articles used, add some new"

Does that mean that my spun article has been used already, after 5 mins? An article that would be about 85% spun in the The Best Spinner? Nothing verified yet though.

Arg it's always the same. I should add a big fat note about this on the program.

Each article added is seen as ONE, no matter how much spun it is. If you believe it is good spun just disable that option.