Skip to content

SER inserting "(#Generic anchor/naked url#)" after anchor text?

Hi @Sven

I think that there may be a bug with the way that SER is handeling the %link% macro?

When I set up a project and go to preview the articles (where my anchor text should be) I'm getting something like;

myanchortext (#www.mydomain.co.uk#)

or

myanchortext (#click here#)

instead of just the anchor text on its own.

Please can you check it out.

BTW Content is imported from Kontent Machine, and I have also checked several different imports of content.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    you get that because of the generic anchor/domain as anchor setting. On some variations the anchor is changed to that and to make it more readable, the original anchor is there + anchor with link in brackets.
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited February 2014
    Hi @Sven, thanks for the reply.

I can see how it could be useful for some people who are using readable articles, but is there any way to make it not do that because (I would imagine) that most people who just use spun auto generated content would just want SER to either insert a generic anchor or a naked url, without an anchor text as well?

The reason is that you will skew the % your partial match anchors, that you would normally setup in either the "brand" or "secondary" anchor sections.

I'm just concerned that it gives the user less control over their link building in certain situations.
    You can still use the other anchor texts options and use there e.g. %spinfile-generic_anchor_texts.dat% as macro to not use the internal format.
  • Ok, thanks for your help @Sven, I'll give that a go.
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited February 2014
    Hi @Sven, I've had a bit more of a look at this, and is there anyway that we could either;

1. Have a checkbox to choose the manner in which the Generic and Domain anchors are presented i.e "check to insert anchor text before generic text" or something?

or

2. Have a field next to the generic and domain sections (like 'LSI', 'secondary', and 'brand' already have) so that we can either insert our own spintax or spinfile macro which would take president over the default settings?

Thanks
    next version has an option for this.
  • Thanks a lot @Sven, great support as usual.