Skip to content

What does "no engine matches" and "already parsed" mean?

Hello, I just imported a big list of verified links with auto approval but all I get is "no engine matches" and "already parsed" to 99,9%. I have unchecked all SE's but it still tells me that "no engine matches". What am I doing wrong here? It's really annoying! Since a few days I try to get GSA SER working but ALL I try fails!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Please search the forum...things like that are explained many times.
  • I did, and read EVERYTHING but it still only shows errors!
    paste A LOG!?
  • Log of what?
    Of the project activity!? Thats big window at the bottom on the main window.
  • I'm getting a lot of this too. Someone please help.
  • edited February 2014
    What do you think already parsed means? It means the software has already parsed that site and is therefore telling you fuck off it's not doing it again. What do you think no engine matches means? It means the software can't identify whatever fucking platform it is that you are introducing into it and again telling you to fuck off and not processing the target. Solution? Dedupe your site lists and and clean up your scraping so you're not scraping shit that SER can't post to.
  • Already parsed: Afaik SER has already posted to that site in the past and therefore won't attempt to do so again, otherwise resulting in dupe links on the same page. Keep a masterlist of scraped URLs and clean your fresh scrapes against that list to avoid importing the same dupe URLs over and over again.

No engine matches: A site that you can't post a link to with SER, site doesn't fit any of the known engines (article, guestbook, image comments etc...) - can come up often if you just imported URLs directly into projects instead of using SER's "import/sort" feature from global options.
  • I think Sven should change "already parsed" to "no more sites to submit to" and stops whole project cos that question appears so many time over and over again.
  • @thomas73: "no more sites to submit to" is very different from "already parsed".

• I know what that means but it's impossible that the site is "already parsed" because I have never used the link list before and this "already parsed" shit comes also if I start other projects with different URL's.
  • @Trebal89, where did you get the list from? And why are you so sure it's verified and auto approved?

I randomly select 6 urls, and none of them loaded successfully on my browser. I would suggest you backup your project and send it to @Sven, or get rid of your list and move on...

• Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    edited February 2014
    Come on guys. If you're running a project and you have your setting set to post to a site only one time, when SER see's that site again, it will give you the Already parsed message.

@Trebal89 You said you never used the link list before, but is this a new project you imported the list into, or an old one?

If it's an old one that you have been using for a while, you don't think that there is a chance that your project has already submitted to that site before?

It's not rocket science to understand these messages. 
  • So more to the point then, how do we STOP these from happening? Especially the "no engine matches" one, nobody has actually said how you solve it.
  • You cannot STOP these from happening and there's nothing to solve, coz that's how the software works. But, you can certainly reduce the number of these errors by,

- reusing your SER verified list
    - buying SER verified lists from reputable suppliers
    - do not scrape search engines, as new "untested" urls will give you lots of these errors...

• Yeah, I understand the error messages but I don't understand why they appear. I mean, the project is new and was never set up before.
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    @Trebal89 This list you imported, was this a scraped list you built?
  • edited February 2014
    Could this happen if you bulk import emails into SER across a wide range of projects and they are duplicated in tiered projects so if SER tries to submit with the same email address it will say already parsed even if that email address is from a different project altogether? What about being able to post on the same domain (does this cancel the above out?)....I assume so, and think I need to invest in thousands of more email addresses - currently I have 5k emails and 500 projects, but I'm sure there will be crossovers. I'm sure this is the last thing that is slowing me down.
  • Wait a second, are you saying if "allow posting on same site again" is checked but for instance I only have 1 email in that project and it was used before on that site, I'd get the already parsed message? Crap I never thought about that, would make sense. I run all my projects with just 1 email (albeit different emails between projects), lulz. Looks like I should add some more...
  • Yeah lol, you need to use at minimum 5-10 emails per project anytime you're running a new project. Or else you will get lots of already parsed messages, and additionally will get failed registrations on site since you can't register more than once on the same site with the same email.
  • Thanks @JamPackedSpam if I have 'allow posting to same site'...how many times will it post to it? Does that mean I need to replace emails every day/week per project? I've unchecked 'allow post' for now until I figure something out. I presume that a catchall email might be better in this circumstance? I still buy hotmail emails which I know isn't the best for SER any more.
  • @judderman allow posting to the same site will use the same login information if it's on the same project. ser stores account details. i don't know how many times.