Skip to content

GSA SER Settings For New Captcha Sniper V2

ronron SERLists.com
edited November 2012 in Need Help

I just received an email from Captcha Sniper that their new version 2 has come out.

The email announcing the update stated : " 'use captcha platfrom' is gone and is automatically detected.  This means that you can now use apps such as GSA SER which support this feature at the same time as apps which have not yet integrated this feature.  You will just need to select the captcha types for apps which do not yet support it. "

If anyone has info on the proper platform boxes to select for GSA SER, I would be appreciative. Thanks.

Comments

• I think this means GSA support 'automatically detected'..so you dont need to select any captcha type as it is automatically selected..

Has anyone updated to V2 ? just want to make sure its working properly before i upgrade it
  • GiorgosKGiorgosK Greece
    edited November 2012
    I got it setup 10 minutes ago and its running smoothly (I think)

if you have imported your own captcha definitions then you should keep a backup around of all the CSX files

I needed them since I got files not found from captcha\typeuXXX\screen.gif which can be solved by copying the folders into the new CSX2 folders
  • edited November 2012
    Wrong topic

• So, do you have any platforms checked, or did you uncheck all ?
  • Don't check anything aside from Save Settings and the one that lets CSX2 try to solve unknown captchas.
  • Question regarding CS2:

I remember Sven created some captchas to be added to CS.

Does the new update already solve these captchas or we still need to add the Sven pack to get those additional captchas solved?
  • Hmm, just saw there is a new version. Does the Installer by Sven still work with this version?
  • @ron: Do you have to sign up for email updates or how you do get notified about updates?

Are updates included in the license?
  • I was not informed either. Im wondering the same thing about email notifications.
  • ronron SERLists.com

I bought it online the regular way. I would have assumed they sent an email blast for all buyers. Just so you know what's going on, here's the details on the new version from the email:

Whats New in X2?

Main CS Interface

=================

'use captcha platfrom' is gone and is automatically detected.  This means
    that you can now use apps such as GSA SER which support this feature at the
    same time as apps which have not yet integrated this feature.  You will
    just need to select the captcha types for apps which do not yet support it.

Save Settings on Exit. This will save your settings between sessions.

Let CS try to solve unknown captchas - this feature will attempt to solve
    unknown captcha types and use the existing algorithm set when sizes match
    up.  You will still have the ability to receive 'unknown' for types that
    do match sizes for existing algorithms.  In addition a generic algorithm
    was introduced handle monochrome / black and white captchas.

Fixed bug with - Input past end of file

Installer now installs VC++ runtimes

Installer now sets the correct compatability and permissions

Installer makes a backup of your existing database in the backup folder

Installer now prompts to launch CS after install

New Hardcoded Captchas

======================

New Wordpress Captcha

Oxwall

SiteSift

ClipShare - Same algo as ArticleMS .. just a different size

Captcha Platform Mappings

=========================

These are existing algorithms that did not have the captcha platform mapped
    yet:

Baistu Guestbook to new wordpress captcha + user defined

PHP Fusion to new wordpress captcha + user defined

GetBoo

Yabb

blogetery.com

dolphin

lifetype

typepad

b2evolution

Captcha Destruction Kit

=======================

Character Set - is now a text box that you can free-form edit how you
    like.  So you are not limited to the entire set of Upper Case, Lower Case,
    Numeric and Symbols.  Narrowing down the character set will greatly
    improve your success rates.

Use Sample Answers - this allows you to specifically define a set of
    possible characters based on the correct answers you have entered.

Enter your own ImageMagick Command - this allows you to go beyond the built
    in ImageMagick commands: 
    http://www.imagemagick.org/script/convert.php

the format is: -[command] [argument]

Example:

-blur 0x1

guestbook1

Fixed bug when importing databases (where the same # was used)

New/Updated CDK Captchas

========================

WebPronews

she.is

YAD

Article Friendly

slideshare.net

updated blogspot.es to new algo by Giorgsky

DedeEIMS

write2me.nl

Xoops

mylinkvault

alivenotdead.com

Additional link bid script

Additional mename

Additional maxibook

New AkoBook

New vShare

New General Blogs (2)

New PHPBookmark

• My CS is solving over 7,000 captchas a day now since i have added many definitions so i wont be quick to upgrade as i have a lot of manual upgrading to do.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    the installers i did for the old version of CS will work on the new one. I think you can even use the old mdf file with the new version.
  • V1.06 does not work Sven. I get an error so im using 1.05 still
  • @mikie46

you've got a great success rate in solving your captchas.

I don't suppose you are willing to share your CS definitions.

regards...
  • Soot there are over here https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/comment/5852#Comment_5852

I have many more i haven't included on that page yet.
  • thank you sir.

looking forward to your additional definitions. :)
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited November 2012

Just want to say thanks @mikie46 and @GiorgosK for all those extra definitions!!

I downloaded your CS definitions in on the new CSv2, and everything looks like it's working fine.

@mikie46, I saw in the other thread that you say that the Addon Creator / Installer 1.06 doesn't work. And then I saw Sven's comment. I would like to know if this Addon is intended to replace manually adding definitions that were in your thread by just doing one global CS update?

• @Mikie46
    I updated to the new CSx2 and the custom definitions seem to have stick to the new version
    but keep a copy of the old CSX folder around since it asked me for some missing defition screen.gif
    (as I reported earlier)

did not try the installer/exporter yet
  • edited November 2012
    Just wanted to let you know that I've asked Mikey about this update.

For the people who have not received an update notification you can still upgrade.

Use the same download link as you used originally.

Backup everything in the captcha sniper folder before you proceed.

The instructions are:

"Then use the uninstaller in the CS folder, delete everything
    except for your .lic and .mdb file. Then reinstall in the same folder."

When I did this the uninstall deleted the .mdb file too! So beware!

The uninstaller left a few folders behind, which I delete too, so I was left with only my .lic file before I reinstalled...

GSA has only been running 10 mins with the new captcha sniper, but it seems happy ;-)

And so am I...
  • @ron, no v1.07 works. Regardless of which installer i use the others should still work. And your welcome!
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited November 2012

@mikie46 Is the purpose of the Installer 1.07 to create definition files? I think I was confusing what the Installer did. For some reason I thought it updated definition files in CS. I obviously missed something in a thread somewhere along the line.

• @ron me too. I worked out that the installer creates self installing definition files, so creators use the installer and users simply need the files that it spits out as they will self install.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @collywobbles That is the conclusion I came to as well. It's nice to hear someone else say it out loud.
  • Guys the v1.07 creator by Sven is for those who want to share their definitions. The end result is the file we give you and share for updates. You use that to install/update/add new definitions. If you are not sharing definitions then its of no use to you.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    My understanding for @captchasniper - is that the latest update includes these definitions anyway. 
  • ronron SERLists.com

Hey @GG, these are new definitions that Mikie46 and GiorgosK are putting up on the board. I check that board every day, and when there's a new definition, I update CS.

CS might have some of those improvements, but definitely not all. Plus, CS isn't going to release updates every time somebody improves definitions. So we got to keep up with that thread. 

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Ron - thanks! 

Maybe, can the OP have a list of files that need to be added after each update? This stops us from duplicating...just concerned I'm missing a number of them!
  • GiorgosKGiorgosK Greece
    edited November 2012
    @all
    the definitions in the CSx installers thread
    https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/696/captcha-sniper-definitions-repository-installers-only#Item_56
    are all posted on the OP with oldest on top / newest bottom so you can keep track of what you have or not

@globalgoogler it does not hurt to install definitions
    it will ask you to overwrite and it will tell you the success rate before and after
  • Hey there, sorry that I ask again but I am confused right now.
    I have a clean installation of CS X2 running with GSA and on another computer with SENuke XCr.

What would I need to do in order to install all your latest definitions and scripts to improve CS X2s success rate? Or are these definitions included in X2 what I doubt since your latest definitions are newer than the X2 release date.

If someone could help me to setup CS X2 with all the latest definitions I would appreciate it.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Just download the installers and execute them. Though as pointed out, most of these older definitions have been included in latest CS update.