Skip to content

SER + Adsense or SER + CPA

Is it safe to use adsense account on sites ranked with SER (along with other blackhat techniques)? Or is CPA/affiliate the way to go?

The reason I ask is because I had one account suspended for a site on which I was using SER. I don't blame SER, it was probably because of non-unique content (e-commerce like site, duplicate product description, etc). 

Also, I have noticed on two occasions that adsense bans account the moment there is a spike in revenue. Obviously, when ranking quickly there will be burst in earnings that could trigger a review of the adsense account.

Really need your inputs since I am about to start a couple of sites and I will choose a nice based on this discussion

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    It was the non-unique content i can assure you.
    Adsense doesn't monitor your link building programs, that doesn't really form part of their quality score program.
    I have low quality sites but because they are not duplicate content Adsense leaves them alone, even when earnings spike.
  • edited February 2014
    Just forget about adsense, it`s true they can suspend your account at any reason and as I read on many places they do it often, so in my opinion it`s wasting of time to watch and try to interpret their  "rules" changes to be in compliance. CPA is the way to go, you can easily earn X times more that way or even better to focus on advertising via GSA your own product or services.
  • Thomas73,

truthfully...., how much do you earn with CPA?
  • @gooner Don't you think you are leaving a huge footprint behind by using the same adsense pub id on your SER sites . If one of your sites get reviewed manually , all will be down .
  • DonCorleone,

so if you have 20 sites, you should have 20 adsense accounts?
  • @william88 Don't use  adsense on websites you are building links with gsa ser . 
  • DonCorleone,

so you mean build the links first then put adsense on after?
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    edited February 2014
    @doncorleone - I don't use Adsense for most of my sites so i don't really care if they ban my account. Also, if they do i'll set up another LTD business and get another account. In my country that is easy to do and cost like $100. So no big deal.

But, i have maybe 50 Adsense sites and have had my account for maybe 4 years, no problems so far.
    In my opinion most people are banned for either buying traffic or using very poor quality/dup content.

The bottom line is Adsense can and do ban accounts for any reason they feel like. Best advice is don't build a long term business based on Adsense but at the same time, to say they ban you for using GSA SER is 100% inaccurate IMHO
  • one of my websites was penalised by google for poor quality content and backlinks from SER but my adsense account wasn't banned.
    i put adsense on all my websites but now i use quality content.
  • If you're planning on sticking Adsense on anything then always have potential CPA offers or other forms of monetisation in case you do get the ban hammer. I got banned once and was making decent money, but the site just didn't have a good enough offer for the content and it's been making $0 since.....until now..I have a new Adsense account ;)