Skip to content

YouTube video links all wrong

edited February 2014 in Need Help
I decided to give GSA a test by using it to rank a youtube video so I've set it all up correctly and set it off.

The problem is it's not finding many sites to post too even though I have over 14k keywords.

The other thing, and this is pretty major, is that it's not actually posting my link. It seems that GSA is 
seeing other people youtube links on the same page and deciding that it's mine. GSA is reporting that
I have a link but when I hover over the 'verified url', it's showing a link to somebody elses video and 
anchor text that has nothing to do with my submission.

I manually check the page and sure enough nothing has been dropped for my video.

Is this a known GSA issue? I've double checked my set up and it looks right. There's not really too
much I could have done wrong as there's only one link.

Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.

L
Tagged:

Comments

• Just noticed I posted this in the wrong 'Need Help' section :(

Maybe a mod could move it please?

L
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    youneed to check the option to verify the exact link, else the youtube.com alone is seen as verified.
  • Sven

I think I've already got that checked...

Is that what you're referring to or is it another setting?

L
    yes thats correct. And what link is being verified which is clearly not your project URL?
  • edited February 2014
    Absolutely. 

The links that are being verified have nothing to do with me, my project or the tags etc 
    I'm using.

There are an assortment of link that it's verifying and the only common theme is that
    they're all youtube links... just none of them are mine.

L
    send a project backup please.
  • send it where?
    check pm