Skip to content

anchor text

Hi, I'm still having a problem with my anchor text. The following is an example of how I have formatted my anchor text: 

"{how to {lose weight|burn fat}}|{fat blocker}"

However, when checking my verified links, some of them have anchor text like: "lose weight|burn fat" 
Also, some of the anchor text is given as "empty".

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    edited February 2014
    Try this:
    {{how to {lose weight|burn fat}|fat blocker}}
  • ok thanks, and what about "empty" anchor text?
  • edited February 2014
    Sorry, I'm still a little bit confused about the anchor text.

Is this correct?    {lose weight|burn fat}

If it is, then isn't this also correct?    {how to {lose weight|burn fat}|fat blocker}  

• ronron SERLists.com

There are only two brackets in a spin, outside left, outside right - you have three - and that is why it is screwing up.

Always do it like your second example:  {lose weight|burn fat}

Never any spaces between the brackets - just words and pipes.

• Thanks for your reply. So, taking the example above, ie:  {how to {lose weight|burn fat}|fat blocker}
    Would I have to format it as follows?   {how to lose weight|how to burn fat|fat blocker}
    Or, in other words, is it possible to use nested spintax?

Also, I still didn't receive an answer regarding "empty" anchor text.

Regards

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    edited February 2014
    You want to use what is called "nested Spintax", that requires 2 brackets at the beginning and 2 brackets at the end i believe. I'm not an expert on this to be honest, however i think the solution i gave above should work, no?

Or just use {how to lose weight|how to burn fat|fat blocker}

That is much simpler :D

Empty anchor text could be because that site/engine does not support anchor text or maybe caused by your spintax error, i'm not sure.
  • steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
    edited February 2014
    just put your keywords in here http://www.getspintax.com  spin them and copy it into gsa....u shouldn't have any problem
  • @steelbone - you beat me to it.  I live on http://www.getspintax.com - what a great free resource.
  • steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
    I would be lost with out it...lol
  • ok, thanks everyone for your help.