Skip to content

GSA keeps disabling bad Proxies even though I have it unchecked

I am running 7.62 and it keeps disabling bad proxies even though I unchecked that setting I will have 40 proxies when I start the project and I will leave for an hour come back and find that GSA has stopped and says I have 0 proxies. This has been happening for the last couple of updates.

Comments

• @sven this keeps happening. i just happened again while cleaning my lists. It slowly goes down until it reaches zero even though I have remove banned proxies unchecked.
  • ronron SERLists.com

The weird thing is that is exactly how it works if you do have that setting checked.

I would save a backup, uninstall, and re-install. For lack of a better plan, I would do that. I know for a fact this is not happening to me, which is why I am making that suggestion.

• I have done that. When I reinstall 7.51 it runs fine. However, when I go back up to 7.62 back comes the problem. It is really annoying.
  • ronron SERLists.com

Wow. Well at least you have a solution. I keep v7.23 for when things don't seem right. I would update on the next version and see what happens.

I wish I had a nickel for every time I had a problem that no one else had. Sadly it was usually me changing some setting I forgot about. Not saying that's the case here as there is only one check box to worry about, and you have it right.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @jgf213 you have the option to auto disable bad proxies enabled...please uncheck that.
  • Hi @jgf213,

Do you have these options turned on?

- Automatically search for new proxies every x minutes
    - Test Proxies
    - Re-test previously working proxies

• ok I just realized that there is actually two places where the option for disabling bad proxies exist. In the submission menu which I had unchecked and inside the proxies option menu which was checked and I just now unchecked. Wow I feel like an idiot. I think this will fix the issue thanks @sven @Olve1954 @ron
  • glad it's working for you...
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited February 2014
    @jgf123 - I almost made you post screen shots, and I am pissed that I didn't. You were so convincing you did everything correct that I gave you a pass. Next time you don't get that pass, lol.