Skip to content

are there plans to improve captcha breaker?

captcha breaker is great, but there are a lot of things it could improve on. For example:
1) it keeps thinking 8 is B and B is 8
2) It keeps thinking 5 is S and S is 5
3) there are a lot of captchas that are clean with little or no background noise, and no weird curvatures, that CB doesn't even attempt to read.
4) mollom is hard, no doubt, but the characters are very similar from one captcha to the next. I dont understand why the programmers have not been able to manage this one.

these 4 are the the only ones I could think of right now, but I think there was more.
Are there plans to really really improve CB?

Comments

• BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Sven has done a lot of updates recently. It could have been before you started using it, but you can trust that Sven is always improving. Between keeping SER updated, CB updated, he also has other programs he sells.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1+2) it's an OCR, hard for a AI to decide on those...though feel free to deliver samples

3) samples again?

4) haven't had a look on mollom really....recaptcha is the one that should be improved more

• edited February 2014
    1) it keeps thinking 8 is B and B is 8
    2) It keeps thinking 5 is S and S is 5
    This is image processing for you my friend ;) read few topics and also about image noise remove stuff you can see how though they are its not every-time possible to trained machine like we human see and take decisions , mollom ocr is coming shortly we are going to release it by this month mid way i hope Sven continue to add more captcha;s there he already done a wonderful job to put 700+ image solving technique in one box this kind of softwares should be sold way more that he is selling atm as it save your pockets from $$$ expenses of captcha solving services :)
  • edited February 2014
    ok, you can see 2 samples here: http://i.imgur.com/iEvxHiG.png
    CB did not even attempt to read these, it said "cannot read, sorry". One would think these are easy to read.
    regarding the 8,B and 5,S: these happen mostly with wordpress type captchas (the kind with 4 characters)
  • i think they are not added in CB yet you can note down the url and send those to Sven i am sure he will add them they looks easy to me
    Regards Kelvin
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @bigredmachine - Need a URL of the actual captcha, can't do anything with just that image.