Skip to content

Newbie Questions - need help

Hello,

I just got GSA SER this week and am new to the tool. I want to use this for my own sites for now, that too at a slow pace.

As a first project, I just used the 'RSS' category on the left and used the URL of my blog Feed in the URL feed. I have the options set to pause after 100 submissions. I notice that the RSS list is very small, only some 20 entries.

GSA SER only submitted 5 links and then stopped.

I started another project. This time I chose Social Bookmarking and Web  2.0, I added the URL for a post, added an article with spintax and entered some relevant keywords - recipe, vegetarian food etc. - relevant to this one. I think these are pretty common keywords and should match a lot of stuff out there?

Once again, after starting the project, GSA initially seemed to submit 25 links, but then restarted and submitted only 2. Most of the status messages seem to be as below -

- no engine matches
- download failed
- already parsed
- Your IP might be blocked (am using public proxies)

What do these mean? Are they errors or are these messages expected? Is there any document that explains the meaning of these messages?

Am I missing something here? I will be happy with building just a few links each day for my different domains. But the tool does not seem to be doing even that?

Please Help!! I need to know what behavior is expected here, so that I have some benchmark.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Hello...can someone please chime in?

I tried another simple thing...entered a generic keyword and just did a search only with 2-3 engines..it did some processing for a while nd the progress bar moved, but it found zero sites..

This does not sound right, does it?
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    edited February 2014
    Web 2.0 have very few sites that you can post to in SER.
    Bookmarks use recaptcha in many cases, which CB can't solve.
    RSS is new so i don't know how effective it is.

You should select more platforms... article, wiki etc.
    Also, could be a proxy issue.. Public proxies are not recommended