Skip to content

What do I need to start building links with GSA SER?

Hello,

I am a newbie. I know the basics of SEO and what it is in theory, but I haven't practised it. I plan to buy GSA SER now and hope to use this forum to learn how to make it work by "learning by doing". Do you people think this is achievable for a newbie?

What do I need to get started?

- GSA SER
- Captcha Breaker (not necessarily GSA?)
- 10 private proxies (public okay?)

Can I run all this on my laptop? Intel i5 2.4ghz, 4GB RAM, 4 MBPS connection speed. Or is buying a VPS mandatory?

Is this all I need? Will there be any more monetary investment after this?

Thank you! 

Comments

• BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    You're question is like asking what is required to drive a car. What you really need is the car and gas (SER, CB, Proxies) to run the car well, you will want to rotate the tires, change the oil, get a tuneup, etc.

Advanced captcha solving like Spamvilla, DBC, Antigate, Eve, etc. will help. A VPS is an absolute in my opinion (not shared by everyone). Indexing, scraping and harvesting, etc are all things the advanced users have but aren't 100% required.
  • @Brandon

Thank you for your answer! Being a newbie and haven't earned anything online yet, GSA itself is a significant and risky investment for me. I want to keep it as minimal as possible and only buy things that are absolutely necessary to get things started. Once I start seeing results (ranking my sites), I wouldn't mind making more investment to buy more tools. 

Judging from your answer, I assume that the things I have listed in my OP are enough at this time to get started?

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    You also need a license to drive the car, and with SER you can get that by reading this forum ;)

I would say that you should think about an Indexing service (many here on this forum) if you to want to get better results, what about ranking tracking? You need a way of tracking your ranking in the SERPS.

You'll need email accounts to use in your SER projects, there are both email creation software and email account sellers on this forum.

If you plan to go into SEO in a big way then a VPS is the better option over your laptop. Unless you have a good connection SER can slow down your internet and you'll probably want to run SER 24/7 which is not good for the lifespan of a laptop. I've burnt out 2 running them like that in the past.

Hope that helps, if you have any more questions just let us know.

• @gooner

That's why I signed up to this forum.. to get the license. ;)

Initially, I plan on using free services for both indexing and rank tracking as I mentioned I do not want to make any more investments until I see if I can actually rank sites or if SEO is not something I can do. 

From the prices of e-mail accounts I have seen on other forums, I think it'll be a very little investment and I'm cool with that.

I definitely will be getting myself a VPS as soon as I start seeing some results. 

I guess you people agree that the things I mentioned in my OP are what I need to get started to drive the car and as I move ahead, I can add new tires, rims, spoiler and such.
    I agree pretty much yes, how many URL's do you plan to use SER for?
    Assuming you create projects with 2 - 3 tiers for each URL, then 10 private proxies might not be enough.
    For the same price you can probably get 30 semi-private proxies. That might be a better idea if you plan to have more than a handful of projects.
    @jas - I also wanted to say that anyone can do SEO.
    As long as you can be analytical and learn as you go, then you'll be fine.
    As you probably know, keyword selection is very important especially when you are starting out because if you pick keywords that are too difficult to rank for you can become disheartened pretty quickly.

I find for more difficult keywords, SER alone is sometimes not enough. You might need to add Web 2.0's or high PR links to get to page one.

Anyway, good luck.
  • JASJAS
    edited February 2014
    @gooner,

Thanks for the input!

Yes, obviously, I will only be hitting easy keywords for now. Suppose, I make a WP site targeting "easy/relatively easy" and "medium difficulty" keyword according to Traffic Travis and add a fresh article every week and use GSA SER on it to build 2-3 tier links. In how many days do you think I will be able to hit page 1?

GSA SER also has an option where it searches for public proxies. Is using those public proxies completely useless?

I'm sorry, I do not know what you mean by how many URLs I plan to use for SER. By URLs, do you mean those 'lists' that people are selling? If you are talking about those then my answer is that I have no idea at this time how many I will be using or how/where to acquire them from. 
    edited February 2014
    @jas - No probs, you're welcome.

For page one, i think inside 2 - 3 months is a good target. I try to get sites to page one within 3 months with SER only and if that's not working i bring out the heavy artillery (high PR links usually).

But some sites rank in a few weeks and some never rank at all. There's a certain amount of randomness that goes into it too.

If possible, i would try and work on 2 or more sites at once so that you have more chance for one to be a winner.

When i said URL's, i meant how many pages are you doing SEO for?

I've never tried public proxies but i've only heard bad reports to be honest. Some guys here are doing very big numbers with semi-private proxies. I have private proxies but i share them across 4 servers so they are in effect semi-private and that works fine for me.