Skip to content

CPU usage is wrong

check the SS. gsa says 99% always, but in task manager, it is only using 40%

Comments

• Maybe you have 2 or 3 cores?
  • yes, indeed I do. but i think almost every PC made after 2005 does ha (especially servers). still numbers dont add up.
  • don't worry about it, it's always been like that.  Task manager is correct.
  • @davbel so what is the best practice? I run my dedi at 5-15% CPU but as soon as it gets to 1GB RAM (on SER) it crashes/gets out of memory notices. I have a 32GB server. I run 700 threads now and it stays at 800MB and is stable. I'm happy with it at the moment as I'm getting 200LPM (mostly contextual projects) but I'm greedy and want more.
  • @judderman I'm the same, it's never enough :D

Use the Resource Monitor built into Task Manager fro a more accurate look at what's going on

SER shouldn't be running out of memory at 1Gb; mine runs at 1.6gb-ish  pretty much all the time and has been in excess of 2gb when I'm really pushing it. 

As SER is a 32bit it should def work with up 2Gb mem, but depending on what magic @sven has used, it can use up to 3Gb
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    I wish that was the case for me, mine always runs out of memory before it hits 2GB :(
  • Hmmm I'm sure I had it running reasonable stably at 2.6Gb a week or too back with some thread / scheduler testing I was doing..

I'll test again early next week once I've sobered up after this weekend's ski jolly
  • @davbel 32bit means it should be able to run up to 4gb. Ive nevver seen GSA use that much ram for me though, maybe Im not running enough haha, but I can only use like 1000 threads and I have seen it crash (but only when I was trying to import and set it to 1800 threads).

THe most its used was 500MB i think, but it always uses up a crazy amount of CPU (Crysis on high def runs better lol)
  • Mine crashes at 1GB so I run it at 800MB most of the time, which for me, means 700 threads. Would the amount of proxies and RAM usage affect each other? I know I need more than 40 proxies but trying to figure out how many is right.