Skip to content

7.56 high cpu usage

Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
Yes I know @sven I just told you in PM this version is working great. It started of running fast but now after running it for a while, my threads can't go over 130 and the CPU is at 99%. Even looking in the Task Manager, it's showing SER using lots of CPU.

Comments

• Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    Just checked SER again and for me it's still saying I have unchecked proxies but when I look through my proxy list, all are checked.
  • for me now is all fine.. try to redownload gsa
  • I noticed about this too. before my memory usage is 200-350k Only now increase to 600k !

All setting is same
    edited February 2014
    Man this is to bad. LPM is better on the 7.56 but can't get SER past 130 threads before they start going lower because of the CPU usage.

It's even making my VPS run slow. Back to 7.51.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Hmm can't see where this should come from :/
  • Yea, that's like a mystery with latest updates. I have SER freezing all the time during the past week. But at least I know it's running because CB solves captchas still lol 

The only time it runs ok it's when I dial down threads to 100. Has been running 400 threads just fine for the past couple months.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Have you tried 7.57?
  • edited February 2014
    Hi @s4nt0s

I'm running 7.57 :) Here is what I see most of the time: http://screencast.com/t/fy05w20lQ5 (copy/paste will work)
    :D
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Woah, that's not good. I wonder why this isn't happening on my end. There must be a bug in one of the settings that's causing this to happen. 
  • That's what I'm trying to find out. I guess, some updates work fine with my settings, some (like last ones) just don't. 

The thing is I don't want to change anything cause I had optimized settings for my best performance #-o

And looking at Task Manager I don't see that my VPS is hitting its limits. Scratching my head now.
    edited February 2014
    I'm still getting the same problems although not as bad. I have the screaming SSD VPS from Solid, right now I can't get SER past 200 threads and keep it there. It does not want to I think because of the cpu usage.

Also SER is still saying that I have private proxies disabled/unchecked, but I can't see them. Not sure why.

And on this server i'm only running 2 projects. Not sure if this makes a difference or not.
  • I'm keeping mine at 100 threads for now for a smooth cruising. But LPM, of course, is 30% of what I had before. Running with scheduler 15/15. 

Will wait for the next update to test again :D