Skip to content

How Many URLs in Your MS Projects?

I have a feeling from reading various posts on the forum that people are using multiple URLs in their SER projects ie.

moneysite.com/url-1
moneysite.com/url-2
moneysite.com/url-3

and blasting with all of their keywords they want the whole site/all pages to rank for. It won't work and you're wasting resources.

or just moneysite.com....and are expecting to rank. Be very careful with the homepage....blasting with all of your keywords will not work. 

Let me know if I'm wrong but I don't do it this way as in my mind each URL will only rank for a handful of keywords no matter how much content it has. The reason being is that you can only really target 3-5 keywords per page and optimise that page for those. That means that you can only run SER (and other tools) on that page. 

I have one project per URL and max three keywords (with varying anchor/generic/partial match). Sometimes I have multiple projects for one URL depending on the competition and the amount of LSI keywords it could have. After a while I might point them at the main term project so the LSI project become T2 effectively.

However, something did strike me to try and test is to run SER at the /sitemap.xml and blast that with the first method posted above. Hopefully that would send the spiders through to the right page giving weight to that page but it would mean that you run less projects, more keywords (all of them), and be a little more generic for the content (ie. whatever is relevant for the site as a whole). I can't see it working TBH but I want to test it first anyway. Anyone tried it before I do?

Comments

• I have some projects with 30 and even 50 urls (of the same website), but, as you said, I think it's not good to mix the anchors and keywords of all the pages, also because every single page is optimized for just some keywords.

That's why I never use the field Anchor of GSA Ser, and I write manually the anchors/keywords of each page. I use this setting on the first field URL > EDIT ALL:

http://www .moneysite. com#{key1|key1|key2|key3|key4}
    (where key1 is my first keyword/anchor and key2, key3 and key4 are the secondaries anchors).

With this example, I'm setting the first keyword as 20% of anchors, the second, third and fourth as 10% each one, later the remaining 50% of the anchors come from generic, domain, etc.

Maybe it's not easy to explain or understand, but when I check the results I see everything exactly as my settings.