Skip to content

Dedi Got DDOS'd :(

Couldn't log in, got in touch with support and they said it's not normal to have 8M packets (whatever that is). 

What can I do so this doesn't happen again? Anything? Nothing? Is it just bad luck or can you 'cause' a DDOS attack ie. pissing people off using SEO tools?

I don't understand what an attack is or why people do it.

Comments

• LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

The only way they would know where your hitting from is if your not using proxies to cover yourself.

If a site owner gets hammered by you blasting links at their site, they might be a little upset and return the favour

• 65 proxies - I check them regularly. Might buy some from somewhere else just in case they are failing.
  • Dsitributed Denial Of Service... basically they send so much traffic at your IP that you cant do anything but acknowldge the receipt of that traffic. It keeps your machine busy "responding" to the others....
  • Stupid proxyhub. I cancelled my private proxies on the 22nd Jan and now I have been charged for them. They haven't been working properly, sometimes 10> seconds. Gonna change to buyproxies I think. 
  • JudderMan I have had the exact same experience with Proxy Hub. The quality of your proxies is... welll.... everything. I dropped them and replaced them. What a major difference.
  • Who did you go with @coneh34d ?
  • @coneh34d

I am also interested to know about it.
  • @JudderMan
    I highly recommend you to switch to BuyProxies.
    They provide really HQ proxies. You can buy semi-dedicated proxies and specify what you need them for.
    Also their support is awesome. When 3 of my proxies failed on Google check, they replaced in a few minutes.
  • BuyProxies and SolidSEO both have worked well for me.