Skip to content

page PR question

edited January 2014 in Need Help
Trying to build a more "quality" project in SER for one of my sites but I'm running into an issue.

I have only contextual engines checked for my T1. Filter is OBL<50 and PR>0, using page PR to check.

Here comes the question: Sites like article directories etc. will always have a page PR 0 or N/A (your article is a new page). What is SER doing in that case if page PR is checked? Will it skip the site?

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    Yes, you should use domain PR instead.
  • Thanks @gooner.

So would the following make sense:

Set up 2 T1's.

T1a: posts to all contextuals that create a new page (like an article), filter by domain pr
    T1b: posts to all contextuals that don't create a new page (uhm, are there any?), filter by page pr

Else T1b should probably just be T2 and do non-contextuals, filtered by page pr.
    Well honestly i wouldn't bother with any PR checks by page because SER will find very few targets.

For tier 1's i use a minimal PR setting of PR 1 but that is only to try eliminate any sites that might have been slapped. It's not a perfect system but i figure it gives a little bit of protection.

In terms of high quality links, i think SER is not really the tool for the job. SER is great for quantity - you would probably be better doing other things for high PR links.

For example, you could use SER for link quantity and PBN, Rankwyz (web 2.0) or just rent links for quality.

• Thanks gooner. I'm still in the "figuring out how to rank consistently" phase and with a bunch of monthly costs like VPS, proxies, captchas, indexing etc...my budget right now doesn't allow me to add more things like those you mentioned and I hoped SER could possibly do the trick.

Anyway, domain PR should work at least a bit in terms of quality, will go down that route. Thanks again.
    Yea it should be fine. When i first got start i tried page PR and i would be lucky to get 5 links per day on any project using that. But domain PR works fine, you should be able to rank still.