Skip to content

Important messages: E-mail login errors

HI,

I get a lot of E-mail login errors, is this normal?

At the moment I have these:
+OK mailbox updated, POP3 server signing off
ERR POP3 server failed to process your request
Valid name, no data record of requested type
Network subsystem is unusable

I have 10 projects running, not all projects show these errors. The errors are mostly for different email adresses, testing the adresses gives no problem.
I use Hotmail adresses.

Thanks for your reply.

Comments

• Same problem here. Would love to know what is going on.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

>+OK mailbox updated, POP3 server signing off

Seen that on hotmail accounts. Usually this seems to happen randomly. Maybe because you logged in in too short intervals.

>ERR POP3 server failed to process your request

Didn't have that one, but this must be an error on there end. SER uses only standard commends to read emails

>Valid name, no data record of requested type

No idea what this is sorry - comes from pop3 server

>Network subsystem is unusable

Happens if ISP is down, pop3 server or proxy.

• edited February 2014
    @Sven
    Since yesterday I also got a ton of "Error...connection timed out". All outlook accounts, using a 100mbps VPS line, no proxies for email checking. Just tried logging into a few of them but am getting hit with "your account has been temporarily blocked...please verify with your phone#". There is a link below to "skip for now" (which gets me access to the inbox again) but seems SER is unable to get past that blocked message.

Well, crap. Where does this come from? Too many logins between accounts? I had "time between logins" disabled.

Should I have used proxies for email checking? Because with dozens of projects all using different emails and the same VPS IP logging into all of them...?

Am I out of luck and can now not verify tens of thousands of emails that are sitting in these accounts and waiting for verification? Or is there a solution to this?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Im sorry but I have no clue how MS handled the detection of email accounts and what they see as abuse.

Nothing much that SER can do.

• edited February 2014
    @Sven I mean when I manually log into the account, I see a message "...temporary blocked" but at the bottom is a link to "skip verification for now" which brings you straight to the inbox. In other words, if SER was able to click on that link, it could get around that blocked message, temporarily, allowing the user to verify everything and then get rid of the email account.

Do you think this would be possible to implement? I could provide you such blocked email accounts for testing if needed.

Edit: Something else I don't understand: When I go to email options and use the "test" button on the email, SER says "all successful". However when trying to verify, SER gives the "email login error" message + when I login manually the account is blocked by MS.
  • you guys can purchase yahoo accounts from us till yesterday sold over 50 users no compliant so far they are spam filter disabled and pop3 enabled no login limits also
  • edited February 2014
    12:34: [-] Error logging in to your pop3 server: Connection refused
    12:34: E-Mail login error for name@hotmail.com: Connection refused

I am also having this error from new accounts I am testing from BanditIM. Probably the free registration accounts are not POP enabled anyway.
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    Spamvilla - 20K ordered - ID 9YP600547T489325A
    Skype Message send.