Skip to content

Having trouble with private proxies set up?

I appreciate any help as I am a first timer. I watched the tutorials about setting up the private proxies and purchased private proxies from Squidproxies. I loaded them into the private proxy area using the (login:password@host:port). When I run a test it always comes back as "not working".  I DID check the box [] private proxies.

I went to Squid proxies and downloaded their trouble shooter and tested the proxies there and they worked fine. I did see that on the test the port they used was (3128) and the port they sent me with the proxies is (8800).

I also noticed that on the line above where all the proxies appear after they are loaded that there is a column labeled as [Type]. In that column for the turorial video all of the proxies say (Trans) and when I load them they say (web)?

I thought that Squidproxies authorizes at their end, the (host)?

I greatly appreciate any thoughts on what I am doing wrong or??
Thanks!

Comments

• I have proxies from buyproxies and I am facing same problem since last few hours. There seems to be some issue with GSA SER.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @hepps309 you imported them wrong if you see a different port than the 8800. Maybe use the other format host:ip:login:password.
  • Thanks for the help Sven, I tried the other way like you suggested but still no dice. It did change the [type] box to suggest all the proxies were labeled as "Trans" now. But when I ran a test, it still came back as not working:(

When I imported the file, I had the list set up like this:

234.234.234.23:8800:login:password

Is it possible that my computer is blocking this somehow? I am using a VPS and everything seems to be working fine except for this set up?

again, thanks for any thoughts!
  • Hi Sven and thirteen13

I talked with Squid proxies and they gave me a new list of proxies and when I loaded that file, everything worked great! So I am guessing that it was just a problem with the proxies.

Thank you very much for your help!