Skip to content

Don't Verify, but Parse Email?

BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
Hey @Sven, I don't care about the number of verifieds, but I would like the email of my projects to be checked because that is required for many projects.

Is there a way to get no verification, but email checked? This would be optimal for creating links since the verification process takes a long time and can check up to 5 times before removing a link.

I'm just looking for the most links possible since I don't care about any type of verified reporting.

Thanks!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    sorry no, I will not add things like that. Though you can use the option to remove urls after 1st verification. That usually cuts verification time to a minumum.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Hey @Sven, what about having the email checked when "No Verify" is turned on?

That would make sense, I'm sure most people expect the email is going to be parsed even if the links aren't verified, right?

Thanks!
  • @Sven the problem is that running huge projects, having the verification set to auto / scheduled, it just doesn't work in the same way as if you set to 'verify emails only'. Often enough after running a list to its end, SER starts idling / verifying. This continues for hours.

When I set the project to verify emails only, it parses a lot of emails including logins / URLs and submits to them so from that point of view, it would make perfect sense.

@Brandon from a PM Sven sent me some days ago, no emails will get checked if it's set to not verify.
    @theseo1 that was exactly my point. I test the "Remove after first verification" and got significantly poor results.

Two campaigns are identical except for the links. Only running the exact same site lists.

Just FYI for @Sven, the first two campaigns verify normally and the second two remove after the first verification. I don't know why, but it's literally less than half as many links.
    and whats your verification time there?
    @Sven, 1440.

Also, email is set to check every 1100 seconds. The email should be checked 78 times before the verification happens.
  • @Sven a great addition would be an option to just verify emails, not links. Don't know if that's possible, but I experienced same as Brandon, with verification NOT done manually to verify emails I experience a big decrease in links where the login is found in the email / needs to be confirmed.
    Hey @Sven, I wanted to bring this up again, it would seriously help my workflow. I'm willing to pay for this feature to be added if that would make a difference to you.

Thanks for all you do with SER and CB!
    next version has an option to only verify emails (project option in custom mode).
  • @Sven is this already in v7.59 ?
    about to upload it
  • nice addition again ;)
  • edited February 2014
    hmm but i'm a bit confuesed now ... how do you set this  ... @Brandon ?

like your options in the screenshot ?

but then it only checks emails at this time and doesn't verify the links?
    so when will the normal link verification happen if i set the email only checkbox  @Sven ?
    it never happens just as @Brandon wants it
  • ah oky thx for info
  • edited February 2014
    hmm @Sven unter was finde ich das in Project-> Modify Project-> Edit single option for all .. welches muss ich da nehmen ;) finds irgnwie nich

and could you please make the dropdown box larger again ;) there are so many settings ...
    verify emails only
  • oh ;) i am blind thx
  • Got a question about this new function, assuming I set it to 'verify emails only' and SER downloads the emails, will it post to the sites it just downloaded account data / confirmation links for but just not verify, correct?
    correct
    @Sven, thanks for this feature, I've been testing it all weekend. One little problem. When the option to check emails only is enabled, I can't verify at all. I set the project to Active (V) (verify links), but it only checks emails. I had to disable the "check emails only" before I was able to check the links.

Thanks!
    ok will change this on next version.