Skip to content

New identify & sort in feature - Show # of detected posting engines

edited January 2014 in Feature Requests
When we scrape URLs from external scrapers for only selected engines, for example, like Drupal or such, lots of other URLs gets detected too (most common and annoying is "General Blogs" which has lowest verification rate).

So what I want to request is and I think it maybe super useful to lots of other guys here too that at the end of "identify & sort in" from custom scraped URL list, at the end of it, show stats like how much # of URLs are detected for a particular engine like:

732 URLs for Drupal
1000 URLs for General Blogs
322 for Moodle

You get the point I think. And also give a "checkbox" to us on the left of those detected engines whether we want to save URLs from those engines to our custom file or not. For example, when I am scraping only for Drupal engine and only need Drupal URLs, other detected engines are sort of waste of resources to run in the projects because I am not going to post to them in the first place - so why waste resources? Instead if we can shed it out at the time of identify and sort in, only the URLs from the engines that we need would be ran into the project.

So overall efficiency is increased as well.

And most importantly, we can see how well we are able to scrape and how many engine specific targeted URLs are we able to obtain - because in that general list, no numbers for particular engines as of now are mentioned. So this can be certainly a great addition I feel!

Sorry if this is confusing but if you have any questions @Sven, please feel free to ask.

Thank you.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    yes sounds like a good idea...i will try to add this.
  • @Sven Great! Thanks a lot. Could you just post here after you add it along with the version its added in? I'd like to upgrade right away just to get this feature lol.

Thanks again! :)
  • @Sven in the 7.47:

" 7.47 - new: statistics after site list parsing"

That feature relates to what we have talked in context here or it is something different?

Thank you.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    yes thats what I added
  • @Sven Great. Would test it out soon.

Thanks again.
  • It would be nice if there was a standalone version of identify and sort to be able to run it on different computers.

You can sell it as an add on. 

• Yes, I thought about this too initially. Nice that you reminded. Would be definitely cool @Sven.