Skip to content

Out of memory errors and clicking No....

Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
@Sven When we get that error message and we click the No button so SER does not stop any projects, what exactly does SER do at that point?

I've noticed that when clicking No, memory usage goes back down to normal.

Is SER flushing memory or something when we click the no button?

What ever SER is doing at that time, can't it somehow be built in so it frees up memory automatically like it does when we click the No button on the out of memory error?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    if you click no, then it is leaving the exception block and continues. The process that used so much memory is aborted and so memory goes down. However noone knows at what point this memory was needed and so the current state of that project/thread is unknown. It's not a good idea to just continue.
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    Is there no way to catch this process before it throws the out of memory error?

Also, is there a way to send you information when these errors occur so you can get a better idea as to what is making this happen in SER?

Maybe it's the same cause for everyone.
  • Is there anyway of SER altering the threads/memory usage itself? ie. running the program up to the power/level of the server/computer automatically. 
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    @sven - Sometimes when you press yes, you have to keep pressing it over and over and over and over before SER stops. Any way to make it just one click?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Sorry, when this kind of things happen, it's out of my control already.

However I can try to set things up and open the "send bugreport" dialog...maybe indeed I can identify then what this is causing.

• Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    Yes I think being able to send a bug report would be great @Sven Thanks