Skip to content

Out Of Memory / Scheduler Issue On One Server

I've been having a strange issue with one of my servers. I normally run the scheduler ten projects at a time, but this server started dying with out of memory issues, so I reduced the number of projects to 5.

Twice now I've logged in to find its out of memory and when I look at which projects are highlighted green and running there are easily 15 in the window, as if the scheduler is not managing to stop projects before starting another. After it happened last time I updated and the server is now on 7.42 but it is still happening.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Hmm could it be a project itself where you use macros in a recusive way?
  • I don't think so - the projects were running fine on another server before being transferred across. They were built with Content Foundry so do use macros but nothing unusual compared to other projects running fine elsewhere.
  • @Sven what do you mean 'using macros in a recusive way'? I use macros for all titles, content and keywords.....is that what is causing my out of memory errors do you think?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @JudderMan yea if you e.g. use "%anchor_text% in anchor text input field...
  • aquaticmineralsaquaticminerals Planet of the Apes
    it makes sense, using those shortcut anchors means ser has to do more work by fetching the information then posting rather than simply submitting the content it already has
  • There is one project that uses %anchor_text% like that, come to think of it - just as you recommended here:

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/comment/41860/#Comment_41860

(though it never quite worked as I hoped it would - rather than taking the url's anchor text and inserting it in eg '%producturlanchor% compare prices' it took a random anchor based on the %age settings then inserted it eg 'click here compare prices')
  • Hmm, I only use the %spin folder% macros for titles/articles and keywords. I just let SER place the anchor texts in the content ( as the content I use is spun in bulk by WordAi, so adding %anchor% myself will be huge amounts of work ie. thousands of articles)