Skip to content

Lost Rankings using GSA SER

Hey, was wondering if anyone could help me with this issue I've been having - I'm using a 5 tier data pack and building links to external blogs which is linked to my money site. Since last week I've been losing rankings. My traffic's been cut in half. I checked my ranking data again today and the site lost ranking spots again. Can someone please help me out?

Comments

• It's a common problem with user of GSA ser. Don't worry about ranking.. just make new backlinks daily 40-50 and keep patience. You will get your ranking within few days.. All the best for your effort.  \:D/
  • thanks Maddy, I hope so! [-O<
  • What type of links you have passed? can you share the website ??
  • I usually create Do follow and contextual link for main domain. and For tire 2,3 and more you create, select only working engine .try for it.. you get best result.
  • I lost my ranking on 2 blogs too :( Using Articles, Social bookmark/ social network, wiki, and some microblog sometimes. using like 30 anchors and generic / doman one. dont know why it happened
  • aquaticmineralsaquaticminerals Planet of the Apes
    how many links were you building?
  • not too many. maybe 30-50 per day tier 1 and 10-20 directly to my money site with strict settings enabled PR1+, low obl, bad word list, post to sites containing at least 1 keyword, etc. tiers 2, 3, 4, 5 were building hundreds of links per day but I assumed that was ok because they're far removed from my money site.
    Hmm so how long have you been building these links for? when did you first start this campaign and when did you start noticing your rank loss?
  • started the campaign using gsa ser 5 day trial back in late december. i was building links directly to my money site. then a couple weeks later I bought gsa ser and a datapack from asia virtual solutions. initially I saw rank increases but ever since last thursday my rankings been dropping along with my traffic.
    and before this time you wasn't actively link building to these urls? if yes... sounds normal to me, when you begin to link build a url your current rankings rise and fall, from what i understand, this means the search engine is reassesing your rankings, just keep doing what you are doing and wait a few weeks, you should rise above where you were!

all of this is ofcourse if you have not gone overboard on your anchor text ratio
  • so keep forging ahead regardless of rankloss? before that I was paying some guy overseas to build 'white hat' links for about a month. I have about 1000+ keywords in gsa ser and enabled the option where it uses keywords as anchor texts.
    edited January 2014
    this sounds normal to what i see on my domains/keywords every time i begin link building to them..

the white hat guy you was paying, obviously was not building a sufficient amount of links per day to interupt your rankings and trigger the search engine to reasses your position.

if your campaigns are correctly set up with enough variations/generics in the mix then you should not be afraid, 1000 main keywords sounds ok, make sure you also include generics too at around 40% - 70%..

just ride it out, you probably won't see any proper gains for at least two/three weeks, you might see bouncing around of -1 / +2 / -4 etc but you should start to see +10 in a month or so, depends on keyword dificulty but keep chugging at it.

build more sites in the mean time and target more/different keywords and get those campaigns started! you'll regret not doing this part, 6 months down the road!
  • ok will do, thanks man!
  • I agree with aquaticminerals  100%.  Normally, when I do heavy link tiering, my rankings drop for 2-3 weeks. It sucks. I get depressed. And then BAM ... they rocket to the top! Certainly no expert but maybe you need to hang tight for a little bit. Mark your calendar up ;)
  • edited January 2014
    I am in this boat right now on a project. Everything seems to have stalled. This is a project with 500+ URLs. For the first 2-3 weeks I hit all of the URLs with contextuals, steadily increasing my velocity, and in the last 1 week I have addded some focused areas (10 URLs) that are getting hit harder than the rest. Trusting the process right now is hard, but I have confidence. Total project time is 5 weeks. and I have made huge overall gains. Just nothing ranking of value on page one yet. Lots of page 2 and 3 stuff.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited January 2014
    @coneh34d - 2-3 months tends to be my average for ranking on websites that I care about. You are fussing over nothing. I think if you expect it to be a lot faster, then you need to take a slightly riskier approach with higher exact% anchors and/or more links.

It's 1000X easier to boost up a site that is slow to rank, and it is 1000X harder to fix a website that tanks in the rankings. That's been my experience.

I happen to think that you are doing great, and you are beating my regular timelines. Go have a beer...

• ron Thanks. I was unsure about the timeline since this is my first major work with GSA SER. I am taking a riskier approach in certain areas across the URL set with more links and higher % for exact match anchor text. I appreicate the word of caution with regard to the potential downside of pushing things along too quickly and being tasked with correcting a tank issue.
  • what happens though when a site gets tanked by google? Do you just switch domains? I'm doing pretty well on bing, yahoo and ask but terrible on google.
  • Depending on how easy it is to rewrite/recreate the content and if Bing & Yahoo rankings are creating $$$, I'd leave it place and redo and new site for Google. 

Then if it all works out, as well as having one ranking in Google, you'll have two sites ranking in Bing & Yahoo
  • zubidoo

Hey there...

Did you get back your rankings? I'm facing a similar situation as yours.My rankings have dropped from second page to 5th page after using GSA.