Skip to content

Scrape Function - Advanced Features

edited January 2014 in Need Help
Hey so I saw in one of the videos that the URLs and Site Lists scraped from the internet get placed into the folder selected as Identified site lists. My question is this: after running campaigns begin to use URLs from those site lists, do those URLs then get transferred over to the submitted folder, and then if verified transferred over to the verified folder?

Are the URLs copied, or moved (deleted from the lists in the identified folder)? If they are in fact copied and not moved, would it be beneficial to empty the lists in the identified folder every so often? Or are they moved into one of the other folders once GSA SER tries to submit to them (ie: submitted, verified or failed)?

I hope I didn't wind these questions around to much, but basically I want to make sure if I load up the identified folder with a bunch of lists with links that don't pan out, GSA SER won't be wasting all of its time re-trying those sites on future campaigns.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    once a site is submitted/verified, it is added to the site list of it's type. It is not moved or delted from any list.
  • thanks for the reply. so basically it would be beneficial to empty the identified sites after a while and re-run the scrape process, yeah? i mean, if not GSA will keep trying those sites every time you start a campaign, sound like a good idea?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    thats why you have the "clean up"  function.
  • ah gotcha, thanks again