Skip to content

Question about using email accounts in multiple projects

Is it an okay practice to use the same email accounts in more than 1 project?

I am curious what happens if:
projectA is going thru the email to look for links, winds up finding a verify link for ProjectB, does it delete the email, and how does it know which project it was for, will ProB show a new verified link (even if you didnt have ProB running).. or maybe skip it and not delete.

how does that work
thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Emails are identified by the urls in it and the email itself it is coming from. It's not very likely that project b has submitted to the same site as project a. And if this really happens well ok, than project a might click the verification link for project b and reverse, but thats not really a problem as both projects can login now.

One thing you must make sure of is not to delete every email once email parsing is done, just when a verified url is found or the emails are older then xyz days, else you delete emails ment for a different project.

• yes i only have it set to delete emails once clicked or whatever, never delete old emails.

And yes both projects will have the same links, because they are taking links from my verified list.
  • So, if this relates to all of this,
    I just looked at verified URLS for 2 projects and they both have the exact same link in there... it isnt a page where my money site is on there twice, its a profile link, same anchor text, only once, but in 2 projects. so 2 projects are counting it as a verified URL (when in reality only 1 of them actually created it)

so this may be a problem
  • edited January 2014
    hmm this sounds like my problem i use catchall too and i have to check it properly first but it looks like i get the same and same backlinks (same websites) for all this projects since a few days too hmmmm

i use catchall alias like

%name%%random-a-z%%random-a-z%%random-1-9999%@XXXAAA.com
    %name%%random-a-z%%random-a-z%%random-1-9999%@AAAXXX.info

and check them all with seo@XXXXYYYY.net