Skip to content

Scraping query question?

When gsa scrapes urls is it using only integrated footprints or footprints plus the project keywords? Because i am seeing results like this:

09:59:34: [ ] 008/011 [Page 008] results on MSN US for TikiWiki with query "Powered by Tikiwiki CMS/Groupware"

Why the query doesn't contain any keyword from my project? I thought it takes keyword from the project and combine it with the footprint, like this:

09:59:33: [ ] 008/011 [Page 008] results on MSN US for TikiWiki with query "Powered by Tikiwiki CMS/Groupware" + keyword

Can anyone explain me this?

Comments

• Well, this is confusing. I thought the keywords we import in the Keywords field should be used by default with the footprints in the .ini files to find target sites. And if i check Always Use Keywords to Find Target Sites it says that this is not recommended setting. Why do we need to import keywords at all then, if the scraper uses the footprints from the .ini files?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @emilt9 just edit a project. You see that the engines are all colored differently. Then read the legend below. Some engines simply don't use it or partly only. Why? Because some queries will never find something if you use your keyword with it as it is e.g. the login page of a forum not containing anything but login words/phrases.