Skip to content

Experiment with no proxies at all

I decided to test the GSA SER without proxies and got the following results in 12 hours:

I've got an abuse-proof dedicated server in Ukraine (Core i7 3.4ghz / 16 gb / 100mbit unlimited),
connectivity is not the best (to USA - 5-15mbps, to Europe - 15-90mbps).

500 threads, fluctuating from 80 to 500, if I set more than 500, I'm getting "Out of memory" errors.

No proxies, only USA search engines checked in SER (14 ses).

No sitelists, skip hard to solve captchas, CB is on.

Comments

• BTW, @Sven, what se request delays does the SER use if no proxies enabled? Random?

Maybe you will consider adding an option to set random se request delays?
    For example if we can set 5-30 seconds delay between requests.
  • I own 3 Crownvics.. let me know how your experiemnt works and if you could pm me your server company?
  • @boston, ha ha, I own an old Crownvic, but love it. PMd you.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @Crownvic you can define the search engine wait time even without enabling proxies for some versions now.
  • Jesus! Look at those stats.. I am trying to decide if the expense of his server is worth it for me? 
  • I wanted to check in and ask how this is going... I have been having issues having my proxy provider keep my proxies alive and the last couple of days my LPM on a Verified list has been as low as .50 and no higher than 3... frustrating. 
  • Crownvic  can you mention the company or your bullet proof dedicated server.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Proxies are not just for the server, but for the sites as well. Your verifieds will only get worse as sites start to ban you and your IP is blacklisted.
  • Yup, but I use SER for churn and burn, and it is still going strong.
    I'm getting 20-25k verifieds a day with no sitelists. OK for my needs.
    My point is valid regardless of churn and burn or whatever the strategy. The point of proxies is that they help keep you out of blacklists where you're IP is banned from posting to a specific site.
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    @Crownvic What type of engines are you running? I'm assuming your posting to all types?
  • manubossmanuboss https://seorankhigher.net/service/
    interesting, sometimes i also tried to turn off proxies but i'm affraid to get blocked in checking pr, most of my project have Pr settings because i only want the high one, if i don't use proxies, will GSA be able to read the pr or i will not get any verified links because all site will pass for PR NA...?
    If you don't use proxies, you'll get blocked by Google very quickly and won't be able to check PR. Therefore your settings won't allow you to post much, if anything.
  • @manuboss, get 5 proxies package from reverseproxies and set SER to check PR through proxies. Since reverseproxies change IP every 10 minutes you almost never will be banned. Works flawlessly.
    The rest is without any proxies.
  • manubossmanuboss https://seorankhigher.net/service/
    i don't find reverse proxy, what is the site?
  • edited February 2014
    Acidut as he is owner of reverseproxies
  • Just checking in for an update to see how it is going CV? also I wanted to ask the 80 LPM you are showing? Is that posting to a purchased list or is that with scraping serps?
  • @Royalmouse, just scraping about 400 search engines with 60 sec timeout, no proxies, no lists, and I don't save verified, because it slows down LPM for me.

80-120LPM constantly.
  • I dont expect you to tell me your niche even though you can probably guess that I am not going to compete with you but, could you give me a better idea of the results you are getting?  Are you building tiers to domains or to web 2.0.. you told me what this costs you so you must be getting first page results. the 80-120 lpm are you building all types of links or just contextual?
  • @Royalmouse, I test a wide array of niches.

Since, I already have a business and income I just conduct experiments and enjoying it :-)

I make pages with content on high-trusted sites (like Facebook pages) and spam them to death with different anchors percentages and etc. to see what will happen.

Long story short, I'm getting a 70% of my properties ranked, but still gathering data.