Skip to content

Im still cursed with page two rnakings :(

Things ive tried since my last post:

-Adding some supposed high pr blog posts from a BHW gig
-facebook page
-twitter page

Non of those did SHIT.

Been constantly blasting contextuals to it thousands a day.

Im trying another site now with 3 tier appraoch but im at my ;wits end' with this one. all my sites end up the same, im teased with page two rankings even position ten or 8 for a cpl days then 'put back in my place'. I guess some ppl were born to be losers in life.

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    Create some web 2.0's either manually, or with something like SER Engines or Rankwyz or buy a few genuine homepage high PR links.

I would bet money those, especially the high PR links will push to you page one.

• 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited January 2014
    Hi,

I'm obviously only going by the things that I have seen you put on this forum, but If I'm honest, it seems to me like you're trying everything and anything to rank, but not sticking at any one thing long enough to see results.

This is causing you to get in a spin, almost like you are trying to run before you can walk.

Or it could be that you're not ready to compete in the niche that you have targeted, I don't know.

Either way, try going back to basics in order to get your confidence back, and avoid getting so frustrated.

Choose a nice easy niche, maybe a few 1 - 5k keywords and just try to rank by building links steadily and constantly, tier them up, and see how you go. Then, when you've done that (or better yet, at the same time), build another site and try some different things, but remember to be patient.

Keep doing this in easy low comp niches and you will soon see what works and what doesn't.

Then, as you get better, move onto harder keywords.

• edited January 2014
    thanks for replies

well these ones are pretty low hanging :(. these kws are only 1-10k, and over 4 months using the same technique i dont think is trying anything and everything with a fair duration to have gauged if its working or not. ive tried to stay within the scientific method as closely as i could and think ive done a good job of that.

i have started to try even lower hanging ones recently under under 1k for my pathetic skillset. but only just begun those.

Gooner not a bad shout on w2s. however im skeptical how much effect theyl have but ill give it a shot.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @PeterParker - There was a time (a long time ago) where I limited myself to smaller to mid-sized keywords. I thought that I wasn't capable of ranking the biggest baddest terms on the internet. 

The revelation was one day I simply changed my anchors in my linkbuilding and changed my onpage optimization to bigger terms - and found that it really was not any harder to rank for bigger terms.

@gooner mentioned high PR homepage backlinks. That is what needs to be done a lot of times to break through a plateau. It is an important weapon, and it can change the deal for you within a couple of weeks. So that is very sage advice. If someone came to me about being stuck on Page 2 or Page 3, that is the exact advice I would give them.

I would add something to what @2Take2 said above. Often smaller terms are easier to rank. But sometimes they can be worse than a 100,000/mth term.

I would encourage you to re-review the 'entire' set of keywords in GKWP and take a second look at other terms and bigger terms. You might drop a few suspect keywords and add a bunch more important terms that really help with Google's LSI assessment for that page.

I have changed keywords on several occasions where I changed emphasis to newer terms (while still giving the old terms some action), and the next thing that happened was I started ranking for other bigger terms as well as the original terms that got stuck in the rankings.

The other thing I would do is check your onpage optimization. In fact, hit the seo forums to make sure you are solid on this, and not over- or under-emphasizing the proper keywords. If the onpage optimization is not 'in synch' with your anchors, you end up creating a drag on your rankings. Everything needs to be tied together tightly in a nice bow.

• Quality advice in here Peter Parker. Having had to rejig everything I used to do, and I mean everything, last October I read a lot on here and the SER post on BHW by Santos, and got to grips with it. Still learning (who isn't?), but everything is starting to come together. 

Sometimes sitting back, evaluating what you do, why you do it, what results you get or don't get, makes you understand more and makes moving forward easier.
  • Thanks guys will try and implemetn what you have suggested.