Skip to content

Confused About Anchor Text in Article Builder

I'm going to try to explain this as best I can, I hope it makes sense. Let's say I have an article. I have not put any links in it. I tell SER my specified anchor texts in the Data Fields section, and I also choose generic anchors, secondary anchors, naked URLs, etc. When I preview the article, sometimes it will put that naked URL in random places (I've selected Just Link in Article, as this appears the most natural in my opinion). Well obviously, the naked URL looks really bad within the article, as well as the generic anchors. I know there's some code to enter the URL + anchors within the article, but I don't think that helps with the problem, does it? Is it possible to have my sentences make sense whether SER decides to add a generic, naked, or contextual anchor within them? Again, I hope I'm being clear. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

What option do you use to place the link? If it's a sentence than it creates something like: "Visit my website for more of XYZ (<naked url link>).".

Thats as much readable as I can think of.

• I use Just Link in Article. For example, if I had the sentence: "Here are some great food recipes", and "recipes" was a keyword, sometimes SER chooses a generic anchor text (based on my chosen %). So the sentence would read, "Here are some great food click here to visit the site". How are we supposed to create these articles that make sense, but use generic anchors like this at the same time?
    hmm strange, it should have made it "Here are some great food recipes (click here to visit site)."
  • "If you've been looking for 'just click the following document' the very best..." That was a test article I just ran in the article builder. Why does it seem like it randomly picks spots to put the generic anchors? I thought it only looked for the anchor words you specified? Thanks for all your help by the way.
    Oh wait, thats just for preview, on submission it should work.
    just changed it for next version to also support it.